This role leads multiple tumour types in the Health Technology Assessment (HTA) and Modelling Science Team, driving methodology development, ensuring high quality analytics for use in global HTA submissions, and setting tumour strategies across the AstraZeneca oncology portfolio, as well as for individual compounds/indications. Mentors and coaches team members, delivers on innovative method development and application, and supports or deputises (if required) for the Team Director.
- Leadership and strategy setting on HTA modelling and simulation (including network meta-analyses (NMA), population-adjusted and standard indirect treatment comparisons (ITC), utility analyses, survival analysis, treatment switching, and other advanced analytics used for HTA and wider market access) across different tumours
- Delivers relevant technical training of the team and wider training to the business (as needed)
- Development and implementation of new and innovative HTA methods within AstraZeneca
- Develops and maintains external contacts, forming a network of HTA experts and advisors
- Recognises and applies the value of HTA techniques to inform market access and wider cross functional decision-making
- Builds HTA modelling science publication strategy for specific tumours, working with Health Economic and Payer Evidence (HEPE) colleagues and other cross functional partners
- Representation of AstraZeneca on HTA methods in the external community, being recognised as an expert
- Drives HTA simulation and analytics guidance documents and associated deliverables
- Signs-off on the Payer Analysis Plans and the technical aspects of HEPE-related publications
- Lead quality assurance of modelling and simulation work, developing global standards, best practice, and metrics.
Education, Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in mathematical sciences (e.g. mathematics, statistics, operations research, engineering) or quantitative social sciences (e.g. economics, health economics, health services research) or equivalent quantitative skill demonstration
- Master’s degree in relevant field (as above) or substantial equivalent experience
- Experience across multiple tumors and medicines as well as submission, defense, and launch experience in oncology across multiple HTA bodies
- At least 8 years in health economic modelling, including experience of global HTA deliverables
- Strong publication and presentation record covering different aspects (e.g. modelling and simulation) in HTA
Skills and Capabilities:
- Understand product development processes at all stages of the lifecycle in order to influence the technical aspects of key payer evidence activities
- In-depth technical knowledge of the changing HTA requirements globally and building the skills internally to meet these requirements
- Advanced Excel user, including VBA
- Excellent in communication, influencing, handling complexity, independent decision-making, enterprise thinking and strategic mindset
- PhD in a relevant quantitative discipline
- 3+ years working in Pharma (ideally at a Global or Regional level)
Skills and Capabilities:
- Ability to look for and champion more efficient and effective methods/processes of delivering quality evidence for HTA submissions
- Proven leadership promoting motivation and empowerment of others in order to accomplish individual, team, and organisational objectives
- Statistical software / programming coding
Key Relationships to reach solutions
Internal (to AZ or team)
- Oncology biometrics (statistics and programming)
- Medical affairs and evidence teams
- Clinical outcomes assessment team
- HEPE and wider Oncology Market Access and Pricing (OMAP) community
- Global Product Team
- Marketing Company/local affiliate HTA related teams
External (to AZ)
- Academics and academic groups
- HTA methods groups and professional societies
- HTA bodies
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big, and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
This job ad will be unpublished on 01/03/2024.
This job is posted by AstraZeneca.
This link brings you to the website of AstraZeneca.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!