The Market Access Manager leads and executes market access strategies and health outcomes research to achieve favorable pricing and funding for new and existing products within his responsible disease areas. He establishes, extends and maintains strong relationships with key decision makers, stakeholders, influencers and private or public institutions in order to effectively facilitate new product launches and to further drive market access for AbbVie’s existing products and therapies. In this respect he is responsible for pricing and reimbursement (P&R), healthcare policies, governmental affairs and health outcomes research (HEOR) in close alignment with the associated brand teams (Commercial, Medical, External Affairs, Regulatory), as well as the local leadership team and WEC Market Access & HEOR in line with AbbVie’s vision, strategy and values.
- Ensure regular, transparent and productive collaboration between the brand teams and the local leadership team to develop and prioritize market access requirements, strategies and activities
- Conduct and prepare for national pricing negotiations and interactions with the “Hauptverband” (HVB)
- Drive, manage and co-ordinate all topics with regards to pricing and reimbursement and other payer outreach programs
- Prepare customer-tailored value propositions for pricing and reimbursement (P&R) negotiations by utilizing all internal crossfunctional knowledge on stakeholders, therapy area and the product
- Be prime WEC contact for all Market Access & HEOR related functions within the associated disease areas
- Coordinate all formal internal and external pricing and reimbursement processes in cooperation with the brand teams and Regulatory (HQ reporting, mandatory price filings, all updates to the Warenverzeichnis, electronic workflow with the HV)
- Coordinate and train PKAM’s on execution of access brand strategies, plans and tactics
- Coordinate external consultants if required to effectively manage funding and reimbursement processes
- Closely monitor the competitive pricing situation for the AbbVie portfolio
- Elaborate the relevant payment flows within the Austrian payer landscape and understand the economic impact of therapeutic choices per payer segment
- Conduct HEOR projects like epidemiologic and pharmacoeconomic studies with a focus on new product launches to support value propositions
- Identify opportunities for gathering and utilizing local real-world evidence (RWE) to gain insights on epidemiology, patient-potential, treatment & patient flows in close collaboration with Medical and the respective BU
- University degree in economics or natural science
- Comprehensive understanding of the Austrian pharmaceutical industry and health-care policies
- Deep insights into the pricing & reimbursement landscape and attached processes
- Ability to build trustful relationships with key pricing officials
- Ability to launch cross-functional projects and initiatives
- Excellent command of German and fluent in written and spoken English
Strong analytical skills, high entrepreneurial spirit and motivation, pro-active strategic thinking, ability to conduct health outcome & research projects, strong interest in the development and trends of the Austrian health care environment and functional aspects.
Long term experience within the pharmaceutical industry as well as experience in field of P&R in pharmaceutical industry required, medical/pharmaceutical skills beneficial.
We offer you a challenging, exciting position with an attractive benefit package.
This position is endowed with a gross monthly income of EUR 6,500.-, depending on qualification and experience. Possibility of overpay.
Become part of our dynamic and international team that unites top talents from different backgrounds.
We look forward to your application!
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com.
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
This job is posted by Abbvie.
This link brings you to the website of Abbvie.