Home-based, Stockport, UK.
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is recruiting an experienced Market Access Manager to support its growing business in Northern Europe, within the Infectious Diseases business unit. The position will require leadership of both National & Local Market access activities, the ability to create compelling & relevant evidence in a real world setting, enhancing the value proposition and driving positive funding outcomes. Gaining & increasing access to the primary care segment will be a core deliverable of the role.
What You’ll Do
As a Market Access Manager, you will use your experience in the UK & Nordics to navigate the payer decision-making processes within the medical diagnostics sector. Leveraging your network and contacts within payer communities in these markets, you play a key role in influencing the decision-making process to drive successful implementation.
Collaboration will be a key driver of success and working in close partnership with other functions within the group is essential to maximise the effectiveness of Market Access. Working closely with Medical Affairs, Marketing, and Commercial groups, you will need to be a strong leader, who provides market access expertise & is able to effectively communicate to use the wider team’s abilities and strengths to your advantage to achieve a common goal.
- Development & implementation of comprehensive business plans to address funding issues in UK, Ireland & Nordics markets
- Evaluate threats and opportunities arising out of legislation, regulations, health technology assessments from Governments, health authorities, public and private payers & determine their implications alongside internal stakeholders
- Lead the development of localized payer engagement tools
- Where required, develop local evidence in collaboration with cross-functional groups from marketing, medical affairs and commercial
- Construct and own strong relationships with key external payers and their influencers, as the primary point of contact; work cross-functionally to accumulate feedback from KOLs/payers to drive relevant market access activities
- Ensure cross-functional alignment with other functional areas to ensure proper value communication with local payers
- Shape and manage the external environment and the effect of payer/health policy
- Ensure full representation and participation of market access function in country commercial team meetings
This is a field based role, 50-60% travelling mainly across UK but also in Ireland and Nordics is anticipated.
- Significant experience working in the field of Market Access, specifically within UK & with established networks with Payers, senior NHS managers
- Detailed knowledge of the healthcare landscape, including payer/provider environment
- Experience working within the Diagnostics sector preferred, ideally with experience working closely with payers to gain funding for diagnostic solutions
- Strong commercial acumen & payer negotiation skills
- Degree level essential, Masters level or PhD in a relevant field preferred (e.g. health economics)
- Fluency in English is essential
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to prioritise & manage complex projects
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working At Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You will have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
This job ad will be unpublished on 23/03/2024.
This job is posted by Abbott.
This link brings you to the website of Abbott.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!