Boston, MA, US.
Reporting to Executive Director of the Real World Evidence, the Director of Real World Evidence is responsible for establishing rigorous assessment of real world data to assess the natural history of diseases and real world outcomes for the Vertex early development and clinical portfolio. The Director of RWE will also support the cross-functional global observation research by providing methodologic and analytic support for Global Medical Affairs, Health Economics and Outcomes Research and Global Patient Safety. Along with evidence developed by the RWE COE, these analyses inform the real world utilization and outcomes of Vertex therapeutics inform clinicians, payers, policy makers, patient groups and internal decision making. Additionally, the Director of RWE will shape and influence all aspects of observational research policies. Using an integrated model, he/she will work closely with the Global Patient Safety, Global Medical Affairs, Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Biostatistics, Operations Management, clinical development, regulatory affairs, and across R&D.
- Study concept development and execution of natural history of disease assessment for business and development and early development indications
- Strategic and tactical support for cross-functional RWE development including registries, natural history of disease for regulators, payers and clinicians
- Strategic and tactical support for developing RWE historical control and methods
- Establishing innovative methods and integrating into HEOR, global safety and medical affairs observational research
- Rotating member of non-interventional study protocol review groups
- Adapt performance metrics and dashboards for RWE project within their therapeutic area
- Assess real world data assets and establish real world data plan, including data licenses and data platforms
- Global observation research functional expert on cross functional brand strategy teams for assigned brand/pipeline, newly launched and marketed Vertex product(s)
- Assess research gaps and objectives across key partners and disease areas to determine proactive observational research strategy
- Possess superb communication skills, advanced customer experience, comprehensive understanding of Vertex strategies to translate observational research methods and results to diverse audiences
- Effectively manage internal and external stakeholder expectations regarding strategic objectives and execution of research
- MS in biostatistics, epidemiology, health economics and outcomes research, health policy, or similar required. PhD preferred.
- Formal training in Epidemiology/Health Services Research required
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Please note that Vertex requires COVID-19 vaccination for all employees working in the U.S. as a condition of employment at Vertex, subject to medical, religious or other accommodations or exemptions required by law. We believe this requirement is vital to keeping everyone at Vertex and in our communities safe. This requirement applies to both existing and new employees who may at any time work on-site at a Vertex facility or visit another location on behalf of Vertex (e.g., conferences, customer visits, etc.), including all remote employees. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition.
This job is posted by Vertex.
This link brings you to the website of Vertex.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!