Boston, MA, US.
Vertex is seeking a talented and motivated individual to join its Global Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) group in Boston, MA to support the Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Portfolio.
The primary responsibility of the Associate Director HEOR is to execute on the tactical plan that optimizes the supporting evidence and value proposition of Vertex’s CF portfolio of assets through each stage of the development, launch and post launch phases. This position reports to the Director HEOR, CF.
- Executes HEOR evidence generation studies including prospective and retrospective observational studies, meta-analyses and systematic literature reviews, clinical outcome assessment measure development and validation studies, cost-effective analyses and budget impact models, as needed, to support the asset value
- Ensure robust scientific methods are applied to study design and execution and in compliance with all local regulations; be accountable for study design, data analysis and the quality of the evidence produced
- Clearly communicate study findings to cross-functional internal audiences
- Collaborates with the Medical Communications team on publication strategy and ensures that the dissemination of HEOR evidence is timely and has maximum impact
- Support conceptualization, design and execution of prospective observational research studies
- Act as subject matter expert in real world evidence generation across the Global organization
- An advanced degree (e.g., PhD, PharmD, MPH, MS) and an educational focus in a relevant discipline in the areas of health economics or outcomes research
- Typically requires 6-8 years of combined consulting and or biopharmaceutical industry in health economics and outcomes research, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- A strong track record of publishing in peer reviewed scientific journals and presenting at scientific meetings
- Experience executing prospective primary data collection observational research studies
- Technical expert in HEOR able to formulate and lead complex research projects ensuring that study conduct is technically and scientifically rigorous, reflects best HEOR practices and managed to timelines and budgets
- Strong attention to detail and quality focused
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to effectively present technical data and complex concepts to diverse audiences
- A track record of success functioning in dynamic, matrix environments with the ability to multitask seamlessly
- Comprehensive understanding of the legal and regulatory environment of the pharmaceutical industry, with spotless history of compliance and ethical workplace conduct
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Please note that Vertex requires COVID-19 vaccination for all employees working in the U.S. as a condition of employment at Vertex, subject to medical, religious or other accommodations or exemptions required by law. We believe this requirement is vital to keeping everyone at Vertex and in our communities safe. This requirement applies to both existing and new employees who may at any time work on-site at a Vertex facility or visit another location on behalf of Vertex (e.g., conferences, customer visits, etc.), including all remote employees. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition.
This job is posted by Vertex.
This link brings you to the website of Vertex.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!