Cincinnati, OH, US.
The Market Access Director is a field-based role responsible for working directly with hospital executives, cardiovascular service line leaders, physicians, and US payers to support the transcatheter tricuspid and mitral therapies (TMTT). The Market Access Director will work primarily with hospital cardiac service line leaders and administrators to ensure successful onboarding and continued use of TMTT therapies by educating and delivering the health economic value of the TMTT therapies. The Director will also work collaboratively with US payers and hospitals to address policy and reimbursement barriers, as well as serve as the regional market access and reimbursement expert for internal partners.
The Market Access Director will be field based in the US and will report to the Sr. Director, Market Access.
How you will make an impact:
- Serve as the subject matter expert on market access trends and insights, service line economics, clinical and economic evidence, procedure reimbursement, and healthcare policy insights specific to the structural heart landscape and TMTT therapies and articulate that information to customers.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders at hospitals engaged in TMTT therapies, including hospital executives, cardiovascular administrators, quality, finance, billing & coding teams, and physicians and surgeons.
- Provide high touch account-based support, build access to key leaders, and execute Global Health Economics and Reimbursement (GHER) custom programs within each organization.
- Facilitate solutions to reimbursement and policy issues customers experience by working with internal team members and payers and third-party entities to address insurance requirements such as prior authorization, denials and appeals.
- Partner with the sales organization for an effective adoption and utilization of TMTT therapies to include benchmarking, targeting, onboarding, training, and account management.
- Identify customer insights and assist with the development of strategies that address customer challenges experienced when adopting TMTT therapies.
- Engage with the global health economics team to develop value messaging and customer programs based on field insights and key learnings.
- Collaborate with our aligned business partners including sales, marketing, government affairs, and medical/clinical affairs to share customer insights and improve therapy awareness and adoption.
- Engage with payers to manage, edit and/or establish payer and reimbursement policies for TMTT therapies.
- Contribute to the ideation of and disseminate real world evidence supporting TMTT therapies.
- Ability to travel up to 50 to 70% of the time within the geography to support programs and for internal meetings and conferences.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What you’ll need (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree in a life science, health economics, health policy, business, or related field.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in health policy, health economics, medical device reimbursement, and/or technology assessment.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a field based, consultative, or administrative role within the healthcare industry. Reimbursement and/or sales experience preferred.
- Knowledge of medical device/pharmaceutical health care compliance rules and regulations with experience adhering to an organization’s code of conduct.
- Strong relationship building skills with internal and external customers.
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills, and experience working with various internal business partners (especially Sales, Marketing, Clinical, Regulatory, Legal, and Government Affairs staff).
- Ability to provide insight into key economic and reimbursement issues based on data and procedure process.
- A solid understanding of public payer programs, e.g., CMS, including coverage, coding, and payment policies.
- Strong understanding of the commercial insurance landscape and relevant reimbursement processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, relationship management skills, written and verbal communication skills, and excellent presentation development and live or virtual presentation delivery skills.
What else we look for (Preferred):
- Master’s degree in a life science, health economics, health policy, business, or related field and minimum of 10 years of experience with medical device, pharmaceutical or provider healthcare is preferred.
- Possess a deep knowledge of healthcare trends, health and reimbursement policy, and the medical device market.
- Experience with medical device coverage and reimbursement processes and payer policy development.
- Experience with inpatient hospital coding and billing.
- Experience with using real world evidence and medical and clinical data to support the value proposition.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with hospital leaders and physician customers.
Aligning our overall business objectives with performance, we offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, and a wide variety of benefits programs to address the diverse individual needs of our employees and their families.
Innovation starts from the heart. Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader of patient-focused innovations for structural heart disease and critical care monitoring. With millions of patients served in over 100 countries, each team makes a meaningful contribution by improving patient outcomes and discovering lasting solutions for unmet patient needs. Our Director, Market Access – TMTT position is a unique career opportunity that could be your next step towards an exciting future.
Patients with mitral and tricuspid heart valve disease often have complex conditions with limited treatment options. Our Transcatheter Mitral and Tricuspid Therapies (TMTT) business unit is boldly pursuing an innovative portfolio of technologies to address a patient’s unmet clinical needs. It’s our driving force to help patients live longer and healthier lives. Join us and be part of our inspiring journey.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world’s leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
COVID Vaccination Requirement
Edwards is committed to complying with the requirements and guidance from our government authorities and to protecting our vulnerable patients and the healthcare providers who are treating them around the world. As such, all Healthcare Interacting positions require COVID-19 vaccination, which includes anyone who directly interfaces with patients and those who interact with healthcare providers as part of their role. If hired, as a condition of employment, you will be required to submit proof that you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless you request and are granted a medical or religious accommodation for exemption from the vaccination requirement. This vaccination requirement does not apply in countries where it is prohibited by law to impose vaccination. In countries where vaccines are less available, or other requirements exist, we may institute alternate measures that optimize patient safety and healthcare provider safety, which may include regular COVID testing or specific masking requirements.
This job ad will be unpublished on 25/02/2024.
This job is posted by Edwards Lifesciences.
This link brings you to the website of Edwards Lifesciences.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!