Supports HEMA divisional strategy definition and development at country level embedding the knowledge of the health care system and local trends. Creates reimbursement and market access opportunities by promoting BSC with relevant stakeholders (e.g. governmental bodies, funding and reimbursement groups, KOLs, etc.), customizing existing Health Economics models and working with local data to inform commercial strategy and support business cases for new procedures and device use.
- Assess reimbursement opportunities and challenges facing the business’ emerging technologies and commercially marketed products and communicate business impact to senior management.
- Identify key health economics needs for Boston Scientific platform products, working with health economics and outcomes research colleagues to determine actions required.
- Lead development and execution of practical strategies to secure optimal reimbursement (coding/coverage/payment) for Boston Scientific products and procedures Lead implementation of tactical planning activities required to achieve reimbursement objectives (e.g., new code applications, customer billing guides).
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in the development and communication of economic value messages to support product adoption.
- Manage provision of appropriate internal training to sales, marketing, clinical, regulatory, and legal to increase awareness and understanding of health economics and market access competencies and their role in supporting a product’s success.
- Monitor policy developments that impact the reimbursement of BSC products. Build relationships in key markets with government, physician, hospital, and third-party payer decision makers.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports BSC’s Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support. Ensure all employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
- Life Sciences or Health Economics Degree, with Post Graduate HE qualification ideal.
- Relevant experience in market access in pharma or med tech.
- Good knowledge of the National Health System and how it is structured, funded and reimbursed
- Experience of working in Government Affairs, with Patient Groups, or in PR and Communications also of interest.
- Ensures continuous self-development by nurturing skills and knowledge, being adaptable to new challenges/demands and responding to them in a flexible and positive way.
- Contributes in generating new ideas and approaches by leveraging knowledge, best practices and continuous improvement.
- Solid work experience involving leadership of functional and cross-functional teams
- Experience in health policy, market access, reimbursement, health economics and/or outcomes research
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to develop relationships at all levels in an organization.
We, Boston Scientific, are an equal employment opportunity employer. We do not and will not make any personnel decisions (like recruiting, hiring, job assignments, and promotions) based on a person’s age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
This job is posted by Boston Scientific.
This link brings you to the website of Boston Scientific.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!