Home-based, UK / Ireland.
This is an exciting time at AXIS as we focus on further expanding our core business in Ireland and building into the UK with our quality driven, HTA client-focused services. We have an established values-led culture within the company, which supports and empowers all our staff to take personal ownership and accountability in their work, and to develop fulfilling roles in line with their personal skill sets.
Our strength is very much in our people and how we can all work together. Therefore, you can expect to have close and personal support in this role, moulded around your own professional ambitions and interests.
The HTA Modelling & Analytics Lead provides the management oversight and technical leadership of a health economic team (a Technical POD) and is focused firmly on the delivery of high-quality HTA services and deliverables to clients in the UK and Ireland markets, and the wellbeing / development of the POD members. This is a pivotal role within the scientific/technical and leadership of the company.
The HTA Modelling & Analytics Lead reports directly to the Head of HTA Consulting Services (UK) and is expected to work closely and collaboratively with the other POD leads across the AXIS business in terms of both project delivery and internal projects to bring business improvements to our processes.
The HTA Modelling & Analytics POD is home to all our expertise related to HTA modelling (adaptation and de novo build), indirect comparisons, survival modelling using patient level data, and supporting analytics that are required to deliver to clients on submissions to NICE, SMC and NCPE. You can expect the role to involve oversight (and, where necessary, hands-on support) of rigorous research, analysis, and interpretation of clinical and economic data to inform decision-making processes.
Key areas of responsibility and accountability
The post has four broad areas of managerial accountability /responsibility:
Delivery ability and effectiveness – working directly on projects to provide expert technical oversight, hands-on support, and strategic input and direction to a range of HTA projects. Delivery of the technical work will involve leading the team in the development of (de novo or adapted) cost-effectiveness models and writing quality submission dossiers focused on the economics to the HTA for submissions in the UK and Ireland. This includes being able to undertake direct technical work (e.g. model adaptations) where necessary, but without losing sight of the bigger strategic picture. You will work closely with the HTA Consulting Services Leads on the more complex commercially focused projects that require a more collective, nuanced approach and deep technical expertise.
Leadership behaviours and effectiveness – championing positive value-based behaviours across the company, including project leadership (ensuring that projects are running both efficiently and effectively) and people leadership (including leading the team, mentorship, and line management).
Sector knowledge and understanding – sound awareness of the UK and Ireland HTA market, including evidence requirements for NICE, SMC, and NCPE.
Commercial awareness and efficiency – working closely under the guidance of the Heads of HTA Consulting Service to input into activity of proposal bidding / pitching and client relationship building.
Allocation of Time
The exact balance of work time by key areas of responsibility / accountability will be discussed during the selection process, but in broad teams we see this role as being typically characterised activity-wise as follows:
- Delivery ability and effectiveness (project leadership / strategy / technical activity) = 60%
- Leadership behaviours and effectiveness (line management / mentoring / training /recruitment / retention / wellbeing) = 30%
- Sector knowledge and understanding = 5%
- Commercial awareness and efficiency (proposals / client pitches / innovation) = 5%
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to fulfil the following requirements:
- Advanced degree (PhD, MSc, or equivalent) in health economics, health policy, epidemiology, or a related modelling field.
- Significant experience in health technology assessment, evidence synthesis, or health economics within a research, healthcare, or consulting environment.
- Experience and knowledge of UK HTA NICE and SMC as well as Ireland’s NCPE, managed access agreements,
- Ability to conceptually design and build cost effectiveness and/or budget impact models if required and be confident to robustly interrogate models and resolve issues within models developed by other parties (including quality control, review, and critique of models)
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with a keen attention to detail, and the ability to use natural intuition to identify and evaluate creative solutions in strategising for HTA submissions.
- Proven experience in providing technical leadership and mentorship of health economic professionals.
- Proven experience in being an active and engaged team leader working closely with a business management team.
- Significant client-facing experience in the delivery and proposal of HTA work.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), with the ability to effectively present complex information to diverse stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to self-manage, prioritise tasks, meet deadlines, and manage competing demands.
Salary & Employment Package
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that is focused on a blend of financial reward, personal health and wellbeing, and a healthy work/life balance:
- Competitive salary + qualifying bonus
- Life Assurance
- Pension contribution
- Wellbeing allowance
- Income Protection Policy
- Annual leave allowance of 25 days + standard public holidays
We offer an opportunity to work in a dynamic and collaborative team-focused environment with a shared vision for facilitating access to effective treatments as quickly as possible for those patient groups. A key element in our approach is establishing close and meaningful collaborations with our clients.
If you are passionate about evidence-based decision-making and driving innovation in healthcare, and wish to take on a senior technical leadership role in a company that is expanding both in Ireland and into the UK, we encourage you to reach out to us for an initial exploratory conversation. Contact Carl Prescott on firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com.
Job Level = Principal Consultant
Reporting to = Head of HTA Consulting Services (UK)
Location = Remote (UK or Ireland)
Time = Full-time (37.5 hours / week) or Part Time (0.8 FTE)
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!
This job ad will be unpublished on 26/04/2024.