This is what you will do:
Senior Manager market access PfG will develop and execute in collaboration with our partners a successful PfG V&A strategies and support execution for Alexion’s portfolio. Specifically, as an active partner of PfG Center of Excellence, the team member will lead efforts in continually assessing market opportunities and market access requirements of the PfG region for the Alexion portfolio. The candidate will be instrumental in supporting partners in leading and shaping the overall value strategy for all franchise throughout lifecycle. The position will support Alexion’s PfG teams and partners in the preparation and delivery of HTA dossiers and P&R negotiations and will be needed to work closely with their international counterpart, providing guidance and strategic advice.
As a key member of the International V&A team, the Senior Manager is required to have a variety of skills including the ability to:
- Responsible for ensuring relevant P&R information is available from Partners to allow success of the Alexion’s products in the Partnership for Growth markets, acting as subject matter expert for P&R & Policies
- Trusted partner to the CoE and the team, understanding their strategic drivers, key objectives as well as business needs and priorities to identify necessary processes, KPIs and reports to support achievement of their key objectives
- Based on legal framework established with the partner, embed a collaborative approach to develop and deliver “insights” to drive P&R decisions. Set Up P&R periodic meetings, Establish reports and communication plans with partner and provide updates/concerns to CoE
- Ensure Partner alignment with Alexion P&R Strategy Provide periodically reports allowing to share business follow up:
- Champion the P&R requirements for PfG through development and ensure alignment between all stakeholders internally as to prioritized needs
- Communicate and partner directly with internal cross-functional teams across region, finance, medical, legal, commercial and corporate communications, in an efficient manner
- Partner with HEOR team to execute a plan to address identified data gaps through HEOR studies, publications, messaging and influencing
- Prioritize strategic opportunities to enhance and expand value propositions for Alexion portfolio (e.g. interactions with payers, prescribers, patients, and policymakers);
- In collaboration with partners provide an overview of payer landscapes in countries with market potential yet to be realized in the Alexion portfolio
- In collaboration with partners, analyze, synthesize, and translate technical P&R information, including coverage and reimbursement policies, into meaningful decision points, evidence gap assessment, recommendations, and strategic tactics for Alexion’s portfolio;
- Proactively work with partners to address product & indication related payer, HTA and policymaker demands and respond to emerging or unforeseen market opportunities/challenges. Seek feedback to identify potential regional/local projects with added value.
- Provide strategic oversight on robust P&R dossiers as required in the International region;
- Champion the P&R requirements for International to global counterparts
- Coordinate and oversee projects with external consultants as needed;
- Communicate frequently and effectively with stakeholders/team members throughout the organization; and produce well-written Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, and Excel spreadsheets that communicate key points in a clear and concise format.
- Lead the LATAM P&R strategy together with CoE member
You will need to have:
To be considered for this position, the following skills and attributes are required:
- 5 or more years of market access or health economics experience with solid track record in delivering on pricing, reimbursement and policy strategies and influencing pricing and reimbursement negotiations
- Experience in cross-functional role within the cultural pharmaceutical/biotech industry; consulting firms, payers or industry trade associations would be ideal;
- Ability to produce and optimize product value propositions, addressing the needs of multiple stakeholders;
- Ability to provide new and innovative ways of approaching pricing and reimbursement issues
- Understanding HTA/payer processes and general environment in European markets
- Experience collaborating with policy/medical/marketing/sales teams on appropriate pull-through strategies at a regional and local level;
- Highly developed collaboration skills, including consensus building, information sharing, and communication of priorities and expectations across functions in a matrix environment;
- Experience in organizing and prioritizing an international workload;
- Strong organizational and project management skills and experience, with ability to handle changing priorities in a timely manner;
- Sense of ethics and responsibility;
- Experience interacting with clients/external consultants
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word);
The candidate should be a self-starter, with a desire to be part of an open and collaborative team.
The following are preferred:
- Experience in rare or ultra-rare diseases
- Understanding HTA/payer processes and general environment in a broad number of ex-US, ex-European markets
- Ability to communicate in a second language (English is mandatory)
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries.
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease.
This job is posted by Alexion.
This link brings you to the website of Alexion.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!