Irvine, CA, US.
As Director of Health Economics and Reimbursement in the Global Health Economics and Reimbursement (GHER) team, you will be responsible for developing and implementing reimbursement and market access strategies to support successful patient access to the exciting new cardiovascular technologies in the Advanced Technology (AT) and Corporate Strategy divisions of Edwards Lifesciences. This individual will possess a strong understanding and application of principles and concepts in health economics, reimbursement and healthcare finance and be capable of articulating the current and future market access landscape to functional leaders and staff. This individual leads with trust and integrity and acts as a business partner/consultant, applying influence management with cross functional leaders and staff within Edwards to achieve business goals and objectives. The Director of Health Economics and Reimbursement will report to the Vice President of Global Health Economics & Reimbursement.
Work Schedule: This position is an onsite role based at the Edwards’ corporate headquarters in Irvine, California.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Drive the development of global reimbursement and market access strategies for integration into the development of the AT portfolio.
- Advise internal and external stakeholders on reimbursement, guiding partners on market access strategies, optimizing patient access to care by finding value for patients, providers, payers, and Edwards Lifesciences.
- Conduct quantitative analysis, including development of economic models to support strategic objectives and early product marketing.
- Analyze, interpret and collaboratively develop business strategies based on real world data, including claims data.
- Lead the strategy, implementation of key patient-centered outcome evidence generation approaches in clinical trials.
- Ensure patient-reported outcomes, economic endpoints and other evidence are included in, or separate from, the trial to support economic modeling, economic value assessments, patient preference and patient-focused value proposition.
- Facilitate meetings with health care professionals and reimbursement and economic consultants as required to support strategic development or tactical implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 12 years of experience or Master’s degree and minimum of 10 years of experience in life science, health economics, health policy, healthcare finance or related field required.
- Experience in health economics and reimbursement and/or medical device market access required
- Experience with reimbursement in countries outside the U.S. and can effectively communicate and incorporate regional requirements in overall strategic plans is strongly preferred.
- Advanced degree (e.g., MBA or MPH) is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated success and experience in reimbursement and/or health economics in the support of product strategies.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, especially presentation development.
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with intricate planning and strong tactical execution.
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and experience working with various internal business partners (especially Sales, Marketing, Clinical, Regulatory, Legal, and Government Affairs staff)
- Influence management skills and ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization and between competing organizations.
- Understanding of key public and private payer policy infrastructure, payment methodologies, coding, and coverage; health policy trends, and current business challenges.
- Previous experience in, or strong working knowledge of the medical device industry, especially with functional responsibility in health economics and reimbursement planning and program implementation.
- Experience working with external stakeholders such as payers, hospitals, physicians, trade associations, professional and medical organizations to develop mutually beneficial health economics and reimbursement strategies and tactics to support portfolio planning, commercialization, and sales/marketing objectives.
- Domestic and international travel up to 25%.
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
COVID Vaccination Requirement
Edwards is committed to complying with the requirements and guidance from our government authorities and to protecting our vulnerable patients and the healthcare providers who are treating them around the world. As such, all Healthcare Interacting positions require COVID-19 vaccination, which includes anyone who directly interfaces with patients and those who interact with healthcare providers as part of their role. If hired, as a condition of employment, you will be required to submit proof that you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless you request and are granted a medical or religious accommodation for exemption from the vaccination requirement. This vaccination requirement does not apply in countries where it is prohibited by law to impose vaccination. In countries where vaccines are less available, or other requirements exist, we may institute alternate measures that optimize patient safety and healthcare provider safety, which may include regular COVID testing or specific masking requirements.
This job is posted by Edwards Lifesciences.
This link brings you to the website of Edwards Lifesciences.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!