Online Course. This course dives into the basics of machine learning using an approachable, and well-known programming language, Python.
In this course, we will be reviewing two main components:
First, you will be learning about the purpose of Machine Learning and where it applies to the real world. Second, you will get a general overview of Machine Learning topics such as supervised vs unsupervised learning, model evaluation, and Machine Learning algorithms.
In this course, you practice with real-life examples of Machine learning and see how it affects society in ways you may not have guessed!
By just putting in a few hours a week for the next few weeks, this is what you’ll get.
- New skills to add to your resume, such as regression, classification, clustering, sci-kit learn and SciPy
- New projects that you can add to your portfolio, including cancer detection, predicting economic trends, predicting customer churn, recommendation engines, and many more.
- And a certificate in machine learning to prove your competency, and share it anywhere you like online or offline, such as LinkedIn profiles and social media.
If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course.
Week 1: Introduction to Machine Learning
In this module, you will learn about applications of Machine Learning in different fields such as health care, banking, telecommunication, and so on. You’ll get a general overview of Machine Learning topics such as supervised vs unsupervised learning, and the usage of each algorithm. Also, you understand the advantage of using Python libraries for implementing Machine Learning models.
Week 2: Regression
In this module, you will get a brief intro to regression. You learn about Linear, Non-linear, Simple and Multiple regression, and their applications. You apply all these methods on two different datasets, in the lab part. Also, you learn how to evaluate your regression model, and calculate its accuracy.
Week 3: Classification
In this module, you will learn about classification technique. You practice with different classification algorithms, such as KNN, Decision Trees, Logistic Regression and SVM. Also, you learn about pros and cons of each method, and different classification accuracy metrics.
Week 4: Clustering
In this module, you will learn about different clustering approaches. You learn how to use clustering for customer segmentation, grouping same vehicles, and also clustering of weather stations. You understand 3 main types of clustering, including Partitioned-based Clustering, Hierarchical Clustering, and Density-based Clustering.
Weel 5: Recommender Systems
In this module, you will learn about recommender systems. First, you will get introduced with main idea behind recommendation engines, then you understand two main types of recommendation engines, namely, content-based and collaborative filtering.
Week 6: Final Project
In this module, you will do a project based of what you have learned so far. You will submit a report of your project for peer evaluation.
Start Learning Today
Financial aid available
- Taught by top companies and universities
- Affordable programs
- Apply your skills with hands-on projects
- Learn on your own schedule
- Course videos and readings
- Graded quizzes and assignments
- No degree or experience required for many programs
- Shareable Certificate upon completion
This course is part of multiple programs
This course can be applied to multiple Specializations or Professional Certificates programs. Completing this course will count towards your learning in any of the following programs:
- IBM AI Engineering Professional Certificate
- IBM Data Science Professional Certificate
See More Machine Learning courses