Online course. Learn what AI is. Explore cases and applications of artificial intelligence. Understand AI concepts like; machine learning, deep learning and neural networks. Get exposed to issues and concerns surrounding AI such as ethics and bias. Get advice from experts about learning and starting a career in AI. You will also demonstrate AI in action with a mini project.
This course does not require any programming or computer science expertise and is designed to introduce the basics of AI to anyone whether you have a technical background or not.
What You will Learn
- Understand what is AI, its applications and use cases and how it is transforming our lives
- Explain terms like Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Neural Networks
- Describe several issues and ethical concerns surrounding AI
- Articulate advice from experts about learning and starting a career in AI
Skills You Will Gain
- Data Science
- Deep Learning
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Machine Learning
Week 1: What is AI? Applications and Examples of AI
This week, you will learn what AI is. You will understand its applications and use cases and how it is transforming our lives.
Week 2: AI Concepts, Terminology, and Application Areas
This week, you will learn about basic AI concepts. You will understand how AI learns, and what some of its applications are.
Week 3: AI: Issues, Concerns and Ethical Considerations
This week, you will learn about issues and concerns surrounding AI, including – ethical considerations, bias, jobs, etc. – their impact on society. This information will help you to have an informed discussion on the costs and benefits of AI, and reassure decision makers about implementing an AI solution.
Week 4: The Future with AI, and AI in Action
This week, you will learn about the current thinking on the future with AI, as well as hear from experts about their advice to learn and start a career in AI. You will also demonstrate AI in action by utilizing Computer Vision to classify images.
Financial aid available
- Taught by top companies and universities
- Affordable programs
- Apply your skills with hands-on projects
- Learn on your own schedule
- Course videos and readings
- Graded quizzes and assignments
- No degree or experience required for many programs
- Shareable Certificate upon completion
This course is part of multiple programs
This course can be applied to multiple Specializations or Professional Certificates programs. Completing this course will count towards your learning in any of the following programs:
- IBM AI Foundations for Business Specialization
- Key Technologies for Business Specialization
- AI Foundations for Everyone Specialization
- IBM Applied AI Professional Certificate
See More Artificial Intelligence courses