Washington, DC, US.
We are hiring for positions under the Global Health Training, Advisory, Support Contract (GHTASC) in support of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Bureau for Global Health (GH). These roles deliver institutional support services in a wide range of technical areas at the junior, mid, senior, and expert levels.
Credence Management Solutions is seeking a Senior Health Financing Advisor. See below for more information on this exciting opportunity and apply to join Credence today!
The Office of Health Systems (OHS) serves as a center of excellence and focal point for USAID’s worldwide leadership and technical expertise in health systems strengthening (HSS). The Office is responsible for developing and leading implementation of the Agency’s Vision for Health Systems Strengthening, developing the Agency’s talent and ensuring widespread knowledge sharing in health systems, and providing field and program support to USAID Missions. OHS provides technical leadership and expertise within a network of HSS colleagues throughout the Bureau for Global Health in the development and implementation of USAID’s agenda and strategy to promote effective, sustainable, country-owned health systems capable of promoting health, preventing disease, advancing reproductive, maternal, neonatal and child health and nutrition; combating infectious diseases including HIV/AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis and neglected tropical diseases; and addressing emerging public health priorities.
OHS works across the six functions of the health system: Health Finance, Governance and Leadership, Information, Human Resources for Health, Medical Products/Vaccines/Technologies, and Service Delivery. OHS leads the Agency’s health systems research efforts including development of a research portfolio and of metrics and tools for measuring health systems improvements. OHS also works to build partnerships and synergies to support this agenda and strategy, including with other U.S. Government agencies, host country governments, donors, the private sector, and civil society.
The Senior Health Financing Advisor will be assigned to the Resource Optimization Team in GH’s Office of Health Systems. The incumbent will receive day-to-day guidance and technical direction from the OHS Resource Optimization Team Lead. The candidate will focus on incentive structures, economic strategies and interventions to promote equitable access to quality, affordable health care services and promote equity in improvements in health outcomes. A key aspect of these efforts will be systems strengthening and reform that increases sustainable financing for health, including for primary health care. To carry out this work, the incumbent will intentionally collaborate with other experts and practitioners in OHS in health system strengthening broadly and in health finance and economics specifically, to promote consistency among approaches to health financing challenges in USAID’s partner countries. In coordination with other OHS staff in health finance and economics, the incumbent will also collaborate with other GH staff and Offices to promote the application of sound economic principles and health financing strategies for USAID programming.
The successful candidate for this position will have broad and in-depth knowledge of the key functions of health financing systems, challenges that occur, and strategies to mitigate them. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to translate this knowledge for public health generalists and high-level policy makers in programming and policy dialogue.
The Senior Health Financing Advisor will devote substantial time supporting USAID’s country for health financing programs, providing technical advice to USAID Missions, implementing partners, development partners, and other institutions to strengthen the design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of in-country health system strengthening activities, with a particular focus on advancing effective financing strategies for primary health care and universal health coverage (UHC). As called upon, the candidate will participate as a technical expert in global technical meetings and coordination efforts on these topics.
The responsibilities for the Senior Health Financing Advisor will emphasize application of their expertise to global leadership and country support to promote sustainable financing to achieve universal health coverage.
The Senior Health Financing Advisor will:
- Provide technical expertise within GH, to other AID/Washington operating units (e.g. regional bureaus and other technical bureaus), and to USAID missions on sustainable financing issues as they impact health system performance and population health outcomes.
- Identify and share with GH, other AID/W operating units and missions, new insights and global knowledge and their implications for the contexts they are operating in.
- Contribute technical expertise to develop strategies, tools, and systems related to health systems strengthening, including improved capacity and performance as measured through appropriate indicators of health finance.
- Develop and deliver presentations, short courses, briefings, and technical papers, as called upon, regarding topics related to health economics and sustainable financing for health to USAID/GH, field missions, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Support OHS and Global Health Bureau to develop partnerships and maintain engagement with internal (Washington operating Units, Missions) and external development partners, global and regional organizations and think tanks that work on health system financing.
- Provide technical and data analytics support for programs that help countries increase the financial sustainability of health systems through effective and equitable utilization of and access to domestic resources.
- Provide technical expertise and data analysis in areas such as public financial management, increasing efficiency, targeting and resource allocation, evidence generation and synthesis, and using data for decision-making.
- Provide central-level performance monitoring and technical management support for USAID’s management of global projects and oversight of implementing partners. Monitor implementing partners’ work as it relates to health financing and economics, including fulfillment of a technical advisory role on discrete activities as required.
- This position, similar to all positions in the Office of Health Systems, serves in one (or more) roles on a GH Country Team(s). Specific duties include:
- As a member of the Global Health Country Team support system, provide direct support to specified country(ies), with a particular focus on HSS. Support may include: travel to USAID Missions as needed to provide technical assistance, strategic planning/activity design, coverage, oversight of activities, coordination, and reporting, among other duties.
- Representing the Mission health program in GH and advocating for the Health program by proactively identifying and promoting priority technical and staffing issues.
- Reviewing critical documents, including Mission CDCS, Operational Plans and Performance Plans and Reports.
- Responding to Mission requests for information and facilitating Mission health staff visits to GH.
- During emergency situations (a crisis or health emergency), leading or supporting DC-based efforts to coordinate assistance.
- As OHS’s representative on the Country Team, this position represents the office to the Mission, providing office and/or technical updates and linking the Mission Health Office to OHS. Similarly, this position also represents the Mission’s health portfolio to OHS, serving as a resource for colleagues, and possessing a thorough understanding of the cross-cutting HSS portfolio.
- Master’s degree with ten years’, Bachelor’s degree with 12 years’ relevant experience in social science field such as economics, finance, public administration, management, or related discipline(s).
- Experience in the field of health economics or social sector analysis and programming, including work with underserved or vulnerable populations to address inequities is required. At least three (3) years’ experience in an international or resource-challenged setting is required. Experience in the health sector is required.
- Proven track record of technical advisory support to high level decision-makers in the public, private and/or civil society sectors.
- Experience with capacity building, institutional development, coaching and mentoring especially in cross-cultural and inter-disciplinary settings.
- Strong background in program development and management, including experience in the design, management, and implementation of technical assistance in developing countries or other low resource settings.
- Demonstrated ability to apply accepted analytical tools, techniques and frameworks to advance health financing objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct economic and health financing data analyses.
- Strong diplomatic skills and demonstrated experience working with a range of development partners, including multilateral and bilateral donors as well as private foundations and civil society.
- High degree of judgment, ingenuity and originality to interpret strategy, to analyze, develop, and present work, and to monitor and evaluate implementation of programs.
- Solid teamwork skills and experience working with diverse teams.
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 15-25% approximately.
- US citizenship or US permanent residency with the ability to obtain and maintain Facility Access required.
- Innovation: Employee takes initiative to propose new ideas/approaches, and demonstrates ability to find new and better ways to accomplish work.
- Customer Service: Handles customer questions and complaints, communicates with customers, handles service problems politely and efficiently, always available for customers, follows procedure to solve customer problems, understands company products and services, maintains pleasant and professional image.
- Accountability: Takes ownership of work responsibilities and holds high standards. Keeps commitments and takes appropriate actions to ensure obligations are met. Pursues efficiency and effectiveness and adheres to Organization policies and procedures.
- Interpersonal Skills: Employee demonstrates ability to work in cooperation with others and communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, subordinates, clients and other outside contacts.
- Continual Learning: Assesses and recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues professional development that is aligned with organizational role, contribution, and goals. Proactively shares knowledge with others to foster learning across the Organization.
Full salary range for this position is: $133,380 to $200,720 per year with the starting salary determined based on candidate’s knowledge, skills, experience, and education, in addition to budget availability.
Credence Management Solutions employs hard-working, passionate individuals who bring innovation, accountability, and a growth mindset to the many missions we support across the US Federal Government. Employee empowerment is part of the fabric of our corporate culture through which we emphasize opportunity, recognition, reward, and retention. At Credence, we follow the principles of servant leadership and believe that serving and supporting others is critical to both our individual and collective achievements. We have only one measure of success: yours.
We are a diverse, enthusiastic family of subject matter experts, business professionals, and practitioners who all share a common goal of providing excellent services to our government customers. If you want to work in a dynamic and fast-growing environment with highly motivated colleagues, then Credence is the right place for you!
This job is posted by Credence Management Solutions LLC / Global Health Training, Advisory and Support Contract.APPLY FOR JOB
This link brings you to the website of Credence Management Solutions LLC.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!
This job ad will be unpublished on 09/03/2024.