The US Market Access team currently has an opportunity for a Market Access Manager.
The scope of this position includes deploying a comprehensive coverage and reimbursement strategy for the Infectious Disease (ID) portfolio in the US that includes the leading the point-of-care (POC) molecular platform, ID NOW and other tests as required. The Market Access Managers (MAM) is laser focused on coverage and appropriate reimbursement COVID-19, Influenza, RSV and Strep tests.
The Market Access Manager, will be responsible for executing on the broader coverage and reimbursement strategy by developing regional/local initiatives in conjunction with Market Access Advocacy Manager (MAAMs), other MAMs, and the field sales teams. Similarly, the MAM is responsible for coordinating efforts between Government Affairs, the Director of Market Access, and field sales teams for coverage or reimbursement issues with FFS Medicare and Medicaid.
The MAM will support ID NOW and other Abbot Point of Care testing products that are used across multiple segments including: Health Systems, Hospitals, Physician Offices, Urgent Care Centers, Pharmacies and other emerging potential sites of care. This individual will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME); and field based resource for their assigned Regional and National, Medicare Advantage and Managed Medicaid accounts for all coverage and reimbursement activities. They will also be responsible for having a comprehensive understanding of FFS Medicare, FFS Medicaid and other Government entities such a VA/DoD, BIA, etc.
What You’ll Do
- Compliantly engage directly with payers in assigned Region to effectively communicate value of ID portfolio to secure favorable coverage and reimbursement policy decisions.
- Communicate effectively and build strong relationship with field sales teams to support complaint access and appropriate reimbursement in POL setting. Align on deliverables and needs with ASD’s, RD’s, TS’s and AE’s in the markets for both current and future needs.
- Execute on payer advocacy efforts in coordination with MAAM, local/regional ARDx and IDDM cross-functional and Abbott cross-divisional teams in Region to support appropriate.
- Support field sales teams and MAAM in identifying clinician advocates (KOLs) to support and further IDDM initiatives impacting payers, associations and government policy.
- Work with Director and Abbott S&L Government Affairs counterparts on Medicaid coverage and reimbursement challenges.
- Develop compliant regional Market Access reimbursement strategy by key product sector by analyzing data from various sources to inform comprehensive strategy and to build organizational alignment.
- Contribute to the broader IDDM organization and other Abbott Divisions as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the US reimbursement landscape across the broad continuum of sites of care. Be prepared to engage in special projects as assigned by Market Access Director.
- Participate in complaint third party support initiatives with established companies and organizations including CodeMap, leading outside reimbursement law firms, and consultants as appropriate with guidance from Market Access Director and Marketing Analyst.
- Complete all training and other administrative responsibilities in a timely fashion.
Education and Experience You’ll Bring
- 7-10+ years of relevant (Market Access/Managed Care) industry experience. History in point-of-care (POC) diagnostics and molecular platforms preferred.
- People management experience highly desirable or comparable professional experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the varied payment methodology utilized at the sites of care for the ID NOW portfolio.
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to create and deliver professional and impactful presentations.
- Strong multi-tasking and project management skills needed.
- Demonstrates understanding of the applicable industry regulations and quality management systems including approved product labeling.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- MS/MHA/MBA, PharmD, PhD preferred.
What We Offer
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Diagnostic testing is a compass, providing information that helps in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a range of health conditions.
Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools give you accurate, timely information to better manage your health. We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
This job is posted by Abbott.
This link brings you to the website of Abbott.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!