Reporting to the Country Manager, and with a dotted reporting line to the International Pricing & Market Access team, the Market Access Associate Director will be responsible for the execution of Vertex’s Market Access strategies and key tactics to support access to Vertex’s Cystic Fibrosis (CF) products.
This individual will develop and coordinate the market access strategies and relationships with market access consultants (if needed) to promote rapid uptake access to Vertex products and the ongoing maintenance of prices and reimbursed access at acceptable prices.
- This position will develop market access materials (submissions, responses) for Vertex medicines leading up to and during their launch with a particular emphasis on leading the adaptation of global value dossiers and economic models to meet country-specific health technology assessment (HTA) requirements and presenting these to authorities.
- This role will report to the Country Manager and will work closely with International colleagues to support best-in-class reimbursement negotiations and market access excellence. It will collaborate extensively with country-based colleagues to support reimbursement negotiation processes.
- Collaborate with country colleagues, especially in medical, legal and finance and contract and manage external consultants (if needed) to prepare reimbursement submissions; develop country-specific economic models and present economic evidence to payers.
- Adapt and implement the global value story, reimbursement negotiation guide, payer objection handler, and other evidence-based materials that demonstrate product value in a manner that is meaningful to country payers.
- Support the development of local price and reimbursement negotiation strategies through continued collaboration with country and international-based colleagues; manage payer negotiations; directly engage with and manage stakeholders.
- Understand payer value drivers and payer segmentation, understand the funding flow for the country, map willingness and ability to pay, create a compelling payer value story, create a pricing business case for internal price decisions.
- Lead all activities related to robust pricing management, including but not limited to understanding and managing channel pricing, gross to net, procurement processes and planning and tendering execution, where applicable; create innovative offers and access programmes.
- Lead all activities pertaining to value evidence and data generation and management for the country(ies), including but not limited to managing the HTA process, planning the data generation strategy, using health economics, outcomes research and real-world evidence, understanding epidemiology and burden of illness data.
- Maintain accurate records of access discussions with authorities and keep internal data bases updated with contract information and list prices
- Assist in the preparation of business cases for internal review and approvals
- Remain appraised on key developments in the access environment in EU, BeNeLuxA group and specifically the Netherlands
- Communicate with authorities as required and develop and maintain working relationships with key access stakeholders in the local market
- Prepare and manage annual budget for market access activities and prepare monthly and ad-hoc reporting for management
- The position will work closely with Vertex’s medical affairs, legal, regulatory, market access and commercial teams, building and leveraging relationships with relevant stakeholders in line with Vertex’s approved and agreed business strategy.
- Work closely with legal and regulatory departments to ensure compliance.
- Ability to travel to and spend time in the corporate headquarters office as well as to travel to customer meetings as required.
- Exhibit ownership and accountability for all projects and internal assignments.
- Provide market place feedback in a timely manner to corporate management, on customer business trends, competitive updates and industry issues and opportunities.
- Exemplify Vertex’s core values in fulfilling these job duties.
- Bachelors and/or advanced degree from an accredited university is required, preferably (but not necessarily) in one or more of the following areas; health economics, public health, epidemiology/ biostatistics, medicine, engineering, business administration, law, government or public policy
Required Skills & Experience:
- Pharmaceutical/healthcare industry experience and prior Market Access experience (e.g., at the country level, consulting, government).
- In-depth and current understanding of country payer environment, including reimbursement decision-making processes, pricing and contracting strategies, and HTA processes.
- Experience in developing and/or adapting global economic models to meet country-specific HTA requirements.
- Strong analytical skills with the proven ability to effectively analyse data sets to determine trends and establish strategies.
- A dynamic, business focused and creative individual with a background in healthcare.
- Proven ability within healthcare market access environment and/or teams.
- Results oriented and excellent collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage initiatives that require collaboration across multiple functional areas.
- Display solid ethics and fully comply with all regulatory, legal and industry codes of conduct.
- Ability to complete projects and achieve goals on time while delivering high quality results.
- Self-starter with the ability and desire to take on new challenges, to help build an organization and still be part of a team taking a hands-on approach to projects.
- Desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of people with serious diseases, their families and society.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Please note that Vertex requires COVID-19 vaccination for all employees working in the U.S. as a condition of employment at Vertex, subject to medical, religious or other accommodations or exemptions required by law. We believe this requirement is vital to keeping everyone at Vertex and in our communities safe. This requirement applies to both existing and new employees who may at any time work on-site at a Vertex facility or visit another location on behalf of Vertex (e.g., conferences, customer visits, etc.), including all remote employees. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition.
This job is posted by Vertex.
This link brings you to the website of Vertex.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!