Lake Forest, IL, US.
This position works out of our Lake Forest, IL location on site daily.
The person hired in this role will be responsible for developing a comprehensive reimbursement strategy for the Infectious Disease (ID) Portfolio in the US which includes the leading the Point-Of-Care (POC) Molecular Platform ID Now. This position will report to the Divisional Vice President, US ID Commercial Operations.
The Market Access Director will oversee initiatives to address the dynamic reimbursement landscape including advocacy efforts with payors, associations and government bodies to help secure appropriate reimbursement and policies supporting the ID portfolio.
What You’ll Work On
The ID products are currently utilized across market segments: health systems, individual hospital and physician office, urgent care, retail health with pharmacy emerging as potential site of testing.
The person hired in this role will be responsible for the following at minimum:
- Develop and oversee reimbursement strategy by key product areas, including molecular and lateral flow technologies in line with US Commercial and Global Market Access Strategies.
- Analyze data from varied sources to inform comprehensive strategy and to build organizational alignment.
- Lead a team of Market Access Managers to favorably impact local/regional payor decisions through deployment of clinical, association and manufacturer advocacy. The Market Access Manager team will consist of three individuals geographically assigned.
- Execute on payor advocacy efforts in coordination with Rapid and Molecular Diagnostics Division, Infectious Disease Business Unit, and Abbott cross-divisional teams.
- Establish process for identifying and developing Key Opinion Leader (KOLs) to utilize to support ID reimbursement efforts.
- Lead third party support initiatives with established companies and organizations including CodeMap, leading outside reimbursement law firms, and industry coalition advocating the value of point-of-care (POC) testing.
- Ensure the alignment of Market Access strategies to the commercial initiatives and priorities both for current and future products.
- Contribute to the broader ID organization as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the US reimbursement landscape across the broad continuum of sites of care.
- Secure reimbursement for products through timely preparation of submissions, effective understanding of local processes and networking with key stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively to all levels of associates.
- Proactively monitor external environment, customers and competitors to identify opportunities for protecting and improving value capture.
- Optimize payer value proposition and pricing policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field, and at least 7 years of experience in the Health Care reimbursement segment.
- Knowledge of in point-of-care (POC) diagnostics and molecular platforms.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the Market Value Drivers for key customers (e.g., through market research, external expert engagements, advisory boards, etc.)
- Ability to travel up to 50% as needed within the USA.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to think and plan strategically, identify strategic options, and trade-off, strong analytical skills.
- MS or PHD preferred in similar field.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience with effective communication throughout the organization in current or previous role.
- At least 7 years of experience with cross-functional collaboration: Demonstrated ability to develop strong partnerships with global market access and key functions such as Marketing, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Gov’t Affairs, Strategic Pricing etc.
- At least 10 years or more of experience preferred in similar role.
- Value communication experience (key messaging, etc.)
- Ability to lead negotiations pathway workshops with the Market Access customer-facing team.
- Demonstrated understanding of the varied payment models utilized at the sites of care for the ID portfolio.
- Strong multi-tasking and project management skills needed.
- Demonstrates understanding of the applicable industry regulations and quality management systems including product labeling and claims.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Working At Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit – an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $143,300.00 – $286,700.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
This job ad will be unpublished on 01/03/2024.
This job is posted by Abbott.
This link brings you to the website of Abbott.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!