Oxfordshire / London, UK.
Other locations: Manchester, Cambridge, Newcastle, or York, UK.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated Health Economics Director/Health Economics Service Lead to join our friendly Health Economics (HE) Team at Mtech Access. This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference in a dynamic and rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate would have a high work ethic, be team-oriented and hands-on in a varied role.
Working alongside the HEOR Director, this role will involve a wide variety of duties working with the senior Mtech Access leadership team to:
- Project delivery: In collaboration with the wider HE team & other Mtech Access services, lead health economic projects from conceptualisation through to implementation
- Strategy setting and execution: Help shape the strategy for the department, and align the strategy with the objectives of the company. Developing tactics and action plans and leading the team to execute the strategy
- Team management and project oversight: Line manage senior team members and provide strategic directions to, and quality control of, the projects they work on
- Business development: Develop the business as a key thought leader in the Health Economics Team. Collaborate with other organisations and experts in the area
- Resource management: Manage resource, team workload, staff turn-over, revenue and profit
- Training and education: Organise and conduct internal and external health economic training
- Degree level educated or equivalent qualifications: Higher Education in Health Economics, Public Health, Epidemiology, or another related discipline
- 8–10 years as Health Economics Consultant/Manager in the pharmaceutical industry or as consultant
- Up to date knowledge of health economics, health economic modelling, data synthesis & statistics. A good level of understanding of the pharmaceutical product life-cycle
- Proven track record and significant experience of delivering HTA submissions and/or global health economic models within a consultancy or pharmaceutical company
- Proven ability for strategic thinking and working across the business to define, generate and deliver health economics strategy. Experience with health technology appraisal processes, leading a team of people (hiring, training, allocation of resources etc)
- This position may require some hands-on involvement in health economic research and modelling; applicants must be willing to use their technical skills occasionally. However, this will be a highly collaborative position and the individual will regularly work with multiple internal stakeholders to deliver a range of projects and, therefore, a high level of strategic insight and experience is required
- High level of integrity with a strong understanding and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong planning, organisation, and time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Capable of working in a changing and fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to assimilate information quickly and accurately
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, positive attitude with an ability to find effective solutions to issues
- A commitment to ongoing Learning
- A high work ethic with a can-do attitude towards management of priorities
What we offer
- A competitive salary and annual bonus scheme
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a supportive and friendly environment
- A hybrid mix of home and office working
- 25 days paid annual leave (plus bank holidays), increasing with length of service
- An additional 3 days paid leave during our Christmas closure
- Your birthday off
- An employee volunteering day each year
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Life Assurance at 4x gross salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Wellbeing, recognition and employee savings scheme
- Optional private healthcare insurance via salary sacrifice
- Subsidised eyecare
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Enhanced parental leave policies
Who we are and what we do
We are a dynamic, friendly and rapidly expanding independent market access and HEOR consultancy with offices in Oxfordshire, London, Manchester, York, Newcastle, and Cambridge. We provide strategy and solutions to help Pharma and Medtech companies bring interventions to market, providing more patient choice and meeting the needs of the healthcare environment.
We strive to be the consultancy of choice for people pursuing careers in market access and HEOR by maintaining a high-performing, happy, motivated community. We are proud of our collaborative, nurturing environment and are known for our exemplary work and for being agile and innovative.
Our core services are health economics, systematic literature review and network meta-analysis, global market access and pricing, UK NHS Insights, HTA support and customer communication.
This job is posted by Mtech Access.
This link brings you to the website of Mtech Access.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!