Online Course. Learn how to use Excel for your next research or quality improvement project.
What you’ll learn?
- Set up a research or quality improvement dataset in Excel.
- Perform basic statistical analyses on a dataset in Excel.
- A basic understanding of Microsoft products (such as opening and saving files) is all that is necessary.
By the end of this course, you will be able to quickly and easy assemble a dataset for a research or quality improvement project, even if you aren’t an expert at Excel.
These video lectures will show you how to use Excel to manage data, using examples relevant to healthcare related professions. The course starts out with the basics of entering data and using functions, and finishes with a practical example of assembling a dataset and doing preliminary statistical analysis.
Students taking this course will have skill set that will enable them to complete research projects more easily and quickly.
- Basics of Developing a Dataset
- Using Functions
- Introduction to Basic Statistics
Who this course is for:
- Students, residents, fellows, and other trainees in the medical sciences who have to do a research or quality improvement project involving data
- Anyone in a healthcare related field that is using Excel for clinical data management.
- This is NOT a business related course – all of the lectures will be geared toward research and quality improvement in healthcare
See more Excel Courses here