Online Course. Master 75+ Excel formulas with hands-on demos from a best-selling Microsoft Excel instructor.
What you’ll learn?
S Learn how to THINK like Excel, and write powerful and dynamic Excel formulas from scratch.
Automate, streamline, and completely revolutionize your workflow with Excel.
Master unique tips, tools and case studies that you won’t find in ANY other course, guaranteed.
Explore fun, interactive, and highly effective lessons from a best-selling Excel instructor.
Get LIFETIME access to project files, quizzes, homework exercises, and 1-on-1 expert support.
Build Excel formulas to analyze dates, text fields, values and arrays .
- Microsoft Excel 2007 – 2019 or Office 365 (Some features may not be available in earlier versions)
- Experience with Excel formulas is recommended, but not required (we’ll review some of the fundamentals)
See why this is one of the TOP-RATED Excel courses on Udemy:
“One of the best Excel courses I’ve ever taken. You can see through his videos how passionate he is about Excel. Thanks for this awesome course, and count me in for the next ones!”
“This is an exceptionally valuable course. The information is vital with examples of best practices from a true Excel expert. Chris Dutton can teach!”
“Chris Dutton is an EXPERT in Excel. He makes comprehensible to the student the complex (sometimes super-complex) nature of the formulas he uses. Everything that is written at the course description, although it may seem pure marketing and publicity at first glance, is indeed true. If I could rate it higher I definitively would. THANKS Chris!”
-Bruno Ricardo Silva Pinho
FULL COURSE DESCRIPTION:
It’s time to show Excel who’s boss. Whether you’re starting from square one or aspiring to become an absolute Excel power user, you’ve come to the right place.
This course will give you a deep understanding of the advanced Excel formulas and functions that transform Excel from a basic spreadsheet program into a dynamic and powerful analytics tool. While most Excel courses focus on simply whateach formula does, I teach through hands-on, contextual examples designed to showcase whythese formulas are awesome and how they can be applied in a number of ways. I will not train you to regurgitate functions and formula syntax; I will teach you how to THINK like Excel.
By the end of the course you’ll be writing robust, elegant formulas and functions from scratch, allowing you to:
- Easily build dynamic tools & Excel dashboards to filter, display and analyze your data
- Go rogue and design your own formula-based Excel formatting rules
- Join datasets from multiple sources with Excel’s LOOKUP, INDEX & MATCH functions
- Pull real-time data from APIs directly into Excel (weather, stock quotes, directions, etc.)
- Manipulate dates, times, text, and arrays
- Automate tedious and time-consuming tasks using cell formulas and functions in Excel (no VBA required!)
We’ll dive into a broad range of Excel formulas & functions, including:
- Lookup/Reference functions
- Statistical functions
- Formula-based formatting
- Date & Time functions
- Logical operators
- Array formulas
- Text functions
- INDIRECT & HYPERLINK
- Web scraping with WEBSERVICE & FILTERXML
What gives you the right to teach this class? Can’t I just Google this stuff?
I have a genuine passion for Excel that most people reserve for things like kittens, ice cream, and significant others. The only thing I love more than learning Excel is teaching it, and as the founder of Excel Maven and Maven Analytics I’ve been lucky enough to teach Excel to 200,000+ students across 180+ countries. My teaching style is conversational, authentic and to the point, and I will always communicate complex concepts in a framework that is clear and easy to comprehend.
As a full-time analytics consultant and Excel instructor, I cut my teeth using Excel to solve real-world business problems and develop award-winning analytics & data visualization tools for Fortune 500 companies. If you care about creds, I’m a card-carrying MOS Certified Excel Expert and my work has been featured by Microsoft and the New York Times. Ok so I don’t actually carry the card, but you get the idea.
If you’re looking for the ONE course with all of the advanced Excel formulas and functions that you need to know to become an absolute Excel ninja, you’ve found it.
See you in there!
-Chris (Founder, Excel Maven & Maven Analytics)
NOTE: Full course includes downloadable resources and Excel project files, homework and course quizzes, lifetime access and a 30-day money-back guarantee. Most lectures compatible with Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016, Excel 2019 or Office 365.
P.S. Looking to master the full Microsoft Excel, Power BI + SQL stack? Search for “Maven Analytics” and complete the courses below to become a business intelligence ROCKSTAR:
- Excel Pro Tips for Power Users
- Advanced Excel Formulas & Functions
- Data Visualization with Excel Charts & Graphs
- Data Analysis with Excel PivotTables
- Excel Power Query, Power Pivot & DAX
- Up & Running with Power BI Desktop
- Publishing to Power BI Service
- SQL Database Analysis for Beginners
- Advanced MySQL for Analytics & Business Intelligence
Looking for the Spanish version of this course? Search for Microsoft Excel – Fórmulas y Funciones Avanzadas or Microsoft Excel – Visualización de Datos y Gráficos en Excel by Maven Analytics and Enrique Ruiz Tapia, with fully translated videos, slides, formulas and Excel datasets!Who this course is for:
- Excel users who have basic skills but want to get really, REALLY good
- Anyone hoping to expand their analytics skill set, work more efficiently with data, and take their career to a new level
- Students looking for an engaging, hands-on, and highly interactive approach to Excel analytics training
- Excel users looking to build strong analytical thinking and business intelligence skills
- Anyone looking to pursue a career in data analysis or business intelligence
See more Excel Online Courses
Write a Guest Post?
Do you have something interesting to share with health economists? We publish guest blog posts on topics that help our fellow health economists to progress their careers, and grow professionally and personally, and in general help them to do their work better. Send us your guest post here.