Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will be a part of the Health Economics and Market Access (HEMA) team, which is a critical element of the Value, Access and Policy (VA&P) function at Amgen.
- Incorporating health economics, business analytics and competitive intelligence into the development of innovative strategies to gain, improve and defend public and private market access.
- Documenting HEMA tactical plans, carrying out relevant portions of these plans and tracking and regular reporting on cross functional progress to plan to the Brand Team, Franchise Steering Committee, Core Access Team line management and the relevant VA&P members.
- Actively participating on key global teams (Global Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Global Access Strategy Leads) and communicating issues/priorities to the VA&P and cross functional teams.
- Actively working with Global HE and HTA teams to foster greater collaboration and best practices sharing, and on specific modeling and HTA matters.
- Partnering with Brand Teams, including Marketing & Sales, Medical and Scientific Affairs, R&D and VA&P partners including project management, in the development and execution of annual plans of action.
- Developing, and then on a monthly basis, managing and reporting HEMA tactical budgets.
- Working with Senior Manager, Project Management as a liaison with the therapeutic area teams and/or brand teams to develop, implement, and communicate strategies and tactics to ensure alignment within the VA&P team on key cross functional priorities.
- Interacting with the Pricing and Contracting (P&C) group within VA&P to create innovative proposals to meet public and private payer needs
- Working on pipeline products to generate key evidence and value propositions.
- Being the lead on the creation of any CADTH, INESSS, provincial submission requests, or reviews, including the adaptation of global value dossiers & pharmacoeconomic models and developing budget impact analyses.
- Learning and communicating any competitive intelligence through participation in relevant external fora (i.e., IMC, BIOTECanada, iHEA, CAPT, ISPOR, etc.)
- Partnering with Stakeholder relations and relevant Brand Team members to ensure reimbursement advocacy needs are met.
- Developing partner relationships with external vendors (e.g., market access, outcomes research, health economics) to maximize working relationships.
- Participate in Global Value and Access and Global Health Economics All Staff meetings.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The market access professional we seek is a strong communicator with these qualifications:
- Master’s or PhD in health economics, pharmacy, science, quantitative methods
- Health Economics degree or diploma or certification
- Strong understanding of CADTH, INESSS and provincial review agencies
- Partnerships or experience in working with academia
- Experience in reviewing/critiquing HE models, reports, BIMs, cost calculators
- Some experience in HE modeling, BIMs or other relevant training to satisfy the requirement
- Basic understanding of outcomes research methodologies and ability to review and/or contribute into research protocol
- Independent, self-motivator and cross-functional
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, including presentation)
- Highly detail oriented, scientifically minded, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Proven team player – work well with team members to accomplish common goals
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytic skills in reviewing dossiers, data, and creating analyses
- Have strategic focus and strong customer focus
- Demonstrated budget management abilities
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
How might you defy imagination?
If you feel like you’re part of something bigger, it’s because you are. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together—researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It’s time for a career you can be proud of.
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
If you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
This job is posted by Amgen.
This link brings you to the website of Amgen.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!