Boston, MA, US.
This senior role works externally with clients, industry, and academic contacts and internally across the global organization to advance scientific aspects of established individual service offerings as well to contribute to the conceptualization, delivery and commercialization of new/emerging RWE multi-method client solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Commercial Responsibilities
- Working with service-focused Offering Leads (e.g., chart reviews, database analyses etc) & service-line VPs (data collection & database analytics), develop, refine, and/or commercialize specific ‘solutions-focused’ offerings (e.g., burden of illness studies, treatment patterns studies, post-marketing studies).
- Own annual sales target for specific solutions-focused service offerings, including strong operational input into business development processes, with accompanying expectation around client/business development. Contributes to strategic thinking around sales and product development.
- Responsible for substantial business development; works toward established sales and proposal targets. Responsible for ongoing stream of funded project work for self and other RWE employees.
- Client Relationship, Industry & Networking Responsibilities
- Global owner of the global RWE multi-disciplinary industry-facing scientific program;
- Responsible for showcasing RWE’s scientific industry leadership, expertise and offerings to external audiences through scientific and commercial efforts and activities.
- High level of engagement with regulatory agencies (FDA, EMA) and relevant scientific societies (e.g., ISPE, ISPOR) is expected. Undertaking leadership position within these societies is expected.
- Responsible for strategic consultation and for use of best methods to address research needs.
- Innovates scientifically and produces output of high scientific quality.
- Thought Leadership & Scientific Responsibilities
- Leadership in RWE scientific and bench strength development strategies and tactics.
- Provides scientific leadership to RWE and other HEOR business teams.
- Supports new product or service development through scientific innovation and leadership.
- Makes meaningful contributions to process improvements and product development.
- Senior Scientific oversight of Offering Leads
- Liaison for activities with:
- Evidera Research Council and Centers of Excellence
- Point of contact for engagement and best practice development with PPD GPD Physicians
- Team Leadership & RWE Senior Management Team Responsibilities
- Senior leader for Evidera’s RWE Waltham office
- Serve as a member of the RWE executive leadership team, substantially contributing to the creation and execution of the global business plan for RWE
- Contributes to the strategic directions of the group through partnership with the Vice President, General Manager.
- Identifies training needs for junior staff, helps to develop relevant training materials, provides recommendation on appropriate staff to lead trainings, and serves as hands-on mentor.
Education, Professional Skills & Experience:
- Masters and 10 years of experience in the health industry / consulting environment, or Doctorate and 8 years of experience in the health industry / consulting environment.
- Extensive knowledge of drug development process and familiarity with international regulatory requirements.
- Comprehensive understanding of the global life sciences market in terms of a specific subject area with insights into the current state and future direction and trends.
- Ability to build and manage to a Professional Services (billable hour-based) P&L
- Fully competent in the development and implementation of a business strategy and go-to market plans for new and existing products and services.
- Preferred past Bio/Pharm Leadership experience in RWE multi-method client solutions.
- Comprehensive understanding of client issues associated with RWE and ability to translate Evidera offerings into client solutions.
- Demonstrated skill and experience in data analysis, interpretation, utilization, and testing.
- Computer software skills required: Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Optional: Ability to read and understand SAS/STATA output.
Managerial Duties: Supervisory role possible, but not mandatory.
Personal Skills & Competencies:
- Strong business acumen including well developed professional judgment and analytical skills. Must have the ability to think strategically and organizational skills to drive implementation.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills; ability to build, grow and maintain internal and external relationships as a credible, reliable business partner.
- Demonstrated sales/business development skills including the ability to influence decision-making, negotiate positive outcomes for the company and clients, and close deals.
- Must be able to successfully coach a diverse group of employees towards achievement of individual and collective business goals, and provide effective guidance to peers and leadership at various levels in areas of expertise.
Who we are?
Evidera is a business within in Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC (PPD) a leading global contract research organization (CRO), and a is a preeminent provider of evidence-based solutions. We provide integrated scientific expertise and global operational capabilities to help clients generate the evidence needed to optimize the market access and commercial potential of products.
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive and understand information & ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May require travel.
What we offer?
We know that if you are provided with the right support and resources needed you will thrive! Therefore, Evidera offers a great mix of compensation and benefits options to show you how valuable you are to the organization.
Some of our perks include:
- Highly competitive salary and bonus structure
- Generous benefits package, including healthcare, dental, vision and paid time off to spent with your friends and family
- Flexible working environment by offering fully remote work for most of our positions, to support work-life balance
- Clear opportunities for growth and career progression. We offer multiple Learning & Development programs, coaching and mentoring trainings, career planning and discussions to help you grow as a professional.
- Access to Employee Well-being programs and services. We value your emotional health and offer a variety of programs to support your mental healthcare.
- Collaborative working environment with focus on Diversity and Inclusion. At Evidera, we respect one another and recognize that our diversity makes our business stronger. We strive to be an inclusive organization where colleagues can be their authentic selves and grow their careers.
- Global exposure: Opportunity to work on multiple projects with some of the industry’s leading researchers around the globe.
- Smooth onboarding process with your own dedicated onboarding specialist and a working buddy to help you navigate through your first few weeks thus ensuring great start to your new role.
Our 4i Values:
Our 4i Values are critical components in accomplishing our mission. These values guide us and, ultimately, define us.
Integrity – Innovation – Intensity – Involvement
If you resonate with them and wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, submit your application – we’d love to hear from you!*
*only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
This job is posted by PPD.
This link brings you to the website of PPD.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!