Ridgefield, CT, US.
The primary mission of the U.S. Health Economics, Outcomes Research and Healthcare Quality (HEOR & HQ) Department is to generate and communicate to organized customers, scientifically valid and impactful HEOR & HQ evidence and comprehensive information about evolving quality measurement standards and programs that effectively demonstrates the value of BI’s brands; thereby, driving optimal formulary acceptance and reimbursement, increasing appropriate product utilization, reducing reliance on rebates and increasing the commercial value of BI products.
The U.S. VP, HEOR & HQ is responsible for leading the development and execution of the strategy for accomplishing this mission, and for building and leading the teams that will deliver the results. The US, VP HEOR & HQ is also responsible for ensuring optimal strategic and operational synergy and collaboration between HEOR & HQ and all BI US and Global Commercial and Medical stakeholders (e.g., Clinical Development and Medical Affairs, Pipeline Marketing, TA Marketing, other departments in Market Access (ie. Pricing, Contracting, Market Access Marketing), Healthcare Affairs & Patient Engagement, Corporate Epidemiology, etc.))
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development, and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies’ success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in several ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking, and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim’s high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads the development and execution of the U.S. strategy for creating, generating the evidence for, and communicating the HEOR & HQ value propositions for BI’s brands, thereby optimizing customer understanding of the contribution of BI’s products to improving outcomes and decreasing costs, driving optimal formulary acceptance and reimbursement, increasing appropriate product utilization, reducing reliance on rebates, and increasing the commercial value of BI products.
- Drives the integration and collaboration of HEOR & HQ with U.S. and Global matrix teams (i.e., TA Marketing, CDMA, Pipeline Marketing, other departments in Market Access (ie. Pricing, Contracting, Market Access Marketing), Healthcare Affairs & Patient Engagement, CEpi)) to ensure strategically aligned HEOR & HQ input/support for internal decision-making during the development (Phase I, II and III) and commercialization process.
- Ensures clinical development and PMO programs include key economic and humanistic (i.e., patient reported outcomes) end-points reflecting the evidence needs identified by organized customers, and that plans for generation (observational / real world research, comparative effectiveness research, economic modeling, systematic literature reviews, meta-analyses, etc.) and dissemination (peer-reviewed publications, promotional materials, and analytic tools) of scientifically valid and impactful HEOR & HQ evidence and quality measurement strategies are incorporated into all brand plans.
- Ensures HEOR & HQ support of Health Systems, Regional, and National Payor Account Teams in securing market access, via HEOR Field delivery of HEOR & HQ materials (e.g., burden of illness, economic models, disease management, quality measurement, etc.) and tools to customers across all managed markets channels and assists customers in translating the materials and tools into actionable solutions that improve outcomes and decrease costs of care.
- Monitors U.S. health policy and reimbursement changes that will impact BI’s development and commercialization strategies and tactics.
- Plays a leadership role in the implementation of evolving evidentiary standards (i.e., Comparative Effectiveness Research) and healthcare quality requirements impacting the utilization and reimbursement of BI’s products.
- Contributes to the ongoing development and execution of BIPI’s strategy for innovative partnerships with payers and health systems in support of optimizing customer input into product development and commercialization strategies, ensuring optimal evidence generation strategies, aligning BI’s portfolio with customer needs and optimizing market access.
- Represents BIPI (or ensures BIPI representation through HEOR & HQ staff) externally in key industry organizations (e.g., National Pharmaceutical Council, ISPOR) and healthcare quality organizations (e.g., NCQA, NQF, PQA), as well as participates in interactions with federal and state government agencies, health policy institutions, payers, and other key stakeholders to communicate HEOR & HQ data and inform on decisions regarding formulary coverage and reimbursement of BI products.
- Develops, allocates and manages operational budget for department.
- Recruits, hires, coaches, develops, motivates, manages, and monitors performance of HEOR & HQ Executive Directors, Directors and/or other professionals.
- Completes MAG Plans, development plans and competency assessments to ensure professional development of department members.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years with BS degree, twelve (12) years with MS degree or higher, and ten (10) years with a doctoral degree (PharmD, PhD, MD) in the health care industry with an in-depth knowledge of the pharmaceutical business including R&D, clinical and marketing, and the rapidly evolving U.S. healthcare system.
- Health care industry experience, as well as a comprehensive understanding of managed care and its impact on the industry.
- Ability to understand how to leverage HEOR & HQ from both a business and scientific perspective.
- Significant experience and / or education in health economics, outcomes research, healthcare quality, health policy, pharmaceutical sciences and/or related disciplines.
- In-depth expertise with pharmacoeconomic analyses, patient-reported outcomes and other research methodologies, and their application to health technology appraisal of pharmaceuticals.
- Proven ability with a track record of success in developing and leading / managing both HEOR internal & field teams; and working in a matrix (US and global) environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in analytical, judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Proven highly developed communication skills and interpersonal ability.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a highly matrixed organization.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (may include overnight travel).
- Agility- Leading
- Accountability- Leading
- Intrapreneurship- Leading
PM Core Competencies
- Customer Focus – Leading
- Business Acumen – Leading
- Impact and influence – Leading
- Teamwork and Collaboration – Leading
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Click here for more information on the vaccine mandate and COVID-19.
Who We Are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family-owned company, we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative, and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients, and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person’s actual or perceived race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.
This job is posted by Boehringer Ingelheim.
This link brings you to the website of Boehringer Ingelheim.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!