Salt Lake City, UT, US.
The Sr. Market Access Program Manager will report to the Senior Director of Market Access and will work closely with the Global and North American Medical Affairs and Marketing teams, Regulatory Affairs and Sales to execute market access strategies for BioMérieux’s current and future products within the public and private payer sectors. This position will be based in Salt Lake City. As a leader in the market access department the Senior Program Manager will help develop and facilitate market access programs, manage consultancy relationships, work on clinical utility and economic studies and will coordinate with internal departments to maximize access to BioMérieux’s products.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioMérieux Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Work with the Senior Director of Market Access to identify opportunities to drive market access strategies to pursue coverage and reimbursement from US commercial payers.
- Work with product development, product managers and post-launch marketing teams to develop specific strategies incorporating economic and clinical data supporting products’ value proposition.
- Work closely with BioMérieux Medical Affairs team to develop studies to support clinical utility and economic data to better position BioMérieux’s products iTn expanding market access.
- Work with BioMérieux regulatory affairs and patient value strategy teams to enhance awareness of BioMérieux and its products in the US.
- Work with engaged consultants on coding and coverage strategies and for coverage in government healthcare programs.
- Attend regional or national professional society and payer meetings/conferences as needed to provide education to gain favorable policy and/or clinical guideline development.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, sales leadership and strategic accounts to maximize pull-through and leverage available resources for market access.
- Manage Market Access Program Coordinator.
- May be assigned additional responsibilities based upon organizational needs.
- Travel required regionally and nationally – 20%
Training and Education:
This position requires the knowledge and skills normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a science / healthcare major, or past experience in the healthcare field. MBA or MPH is preferred with a strong understanding of business management and clinical research.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in healthcare industry with demonstrated strong experience managing multiple projects and in research facilitation.
- Must possess 5 years knowledge of business development project coordination and management of personnel; diagnostic experience preferred.
- Must understand how to impact marketing processes which will help influencing coverage decisions and advancing medical policy.
- Familiarity with the in vitro diagnostics and/or medical device industry
- Ability to build and develop internal and external customer relationships including the ability to effectively represent BioMerieux and its products to senior levels of management and key thought leaders
- Experience in partnership models with health systems providers
- Innovative thinking and exceptional business acumen, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of compliance-related concepts including the laws, regulations, and policies that govern marketing and sales activities and the importance of compliance in all job-related functions
- Ability to understand, distill and communicate complex scientific and public health-related concepts
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Project management skills are essential
- Presentation skills
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Management skills
- Coordinating multiple influencers in decision making processes
Should be able to lift 50 lbs comfortably.
Should be able to manage physical requirements necessary for frequent travel.
A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 44 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network. This includes our SLC site, formerly known as BioFire Diagnostics.
This job is posted by bioMérieux.
This link brings you to the website of bioMérieux.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!