East Coast, US / Burlington, CA.
This is an opportunity to work for ICON Global Health Economics, Outcomes Research and Epidemiology (GHEORE), a division of ICON plc, an international clinical research organisation headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. We are respected globally for the quality and innovation of our work, undertaking consultancy projects for international clients in both the pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.
ICON GHEORE is currently seeking to appoint a Senior Principal to join its Global Health Economics team. This team is highly respected in the field of health economics and health technology assessment (HTA) for quality and innovation, undertaking consultancy projects for international clients in both the pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.
The candidate will be required to support the Global practice lead, in taking senior managerial responsibility for the department. In addition, the candidate recruited for this role will be expected to utilise their skills in health economics, including decision modelling and related statistical analysis to contribute to all aspects of the department’s work as well as supporting the development of the team globally.
- Manage all aspects of country-level and global health economic modelling and statistical analysis projects and ensure the quality of all deliverables meets client requirements
- Establish and maintain client relationships and take the lead with proposal development for HTA, Health Economics, Reimbursement and Outcomes related projects
- Provide oversight of resourcing, staff development, recruitment activities, and departmental growth within the health economics practice
- Provide strategic contribution and lead business development and proposal processes
- Provide technical mentorship to junior modellers, identify and manage training needs and provide on the job training and support as required
- Lead publications/scientific communications for self and department staff
- Direct, manage and be involved in proposal writing, project work and client liaison
- Provide support to the Global practice lead in implementing business strategies
- Liaise with senior management across the global HTA-HERO group to identify developmental needs in junior modellers and to provide training when possible
- Form part of the management team of the Global practice and in the day to day management of the group
- Demonstrate and actively promote an open and honest working environment.
- Travel (approximately 15%) domestic or international.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in health economics or a related quantitative discipline, such as operational research, medical statistics, or epidemiology.
- Experience in designing and developing health economic models
- Experience in analysing individual patient level data for use in economic models
- Significant relevant industry/ consultancy experience; where consultancy is preferred
- Demonstrable experience of people management
- Demonstrable experience of business development
- Significant experience within a consulting, academic or pharmaceutical/ devices industry environment
- Proven management experience, in particular the ability to lead a team of junior analysts
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- High self-motivation
- Leadership potential
Benefits of Working at ICON
This is a permanent, full time position within our Global HEORE team.
At ICON, it’s our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients’ lives.
Our ‘Own It’ culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as individuals and set us apart as an organisation: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organisation that delivers excellence to our clients and to patients at every touch-point. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
That’s our vision. We’re driven by it. And we need talented people who share it.
If you’re as driven as we are, join us. You’ll be working in a dynamic and supportive environment, with some of the brightest and the friendliest people in the sector, and you’ll be helping shape an industry.
We are committed to supporting the growth and development of the global team. As such, the candidate recruited for this role will receive external training as well as on the job training from our senior scientists and be offered opportunities to attend and present at major international conferences (health economic and clinical).
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals – both ours and yours.
We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans – and related benefits such as life assurance – so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you’ll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.
Apply for this role