Plainsboro, NJ, US.
Informs and develops key elements of the pricing and contracting strategy for the Novo Nordisk insulin portfolio. Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to leverage and implement knowledge of reimbursement, managed care and healthcare policy to inform pricing strategies and processes for the insulin portfolio to ensure attainment of market access business objectives. Actively participates in initiatives to optimize lifecycle management for inline brands and maximize potential for pipeline assets for the insulin portfolio.
Reports to the Senior Director, Insulin Strategy and Value Communication Lead. Interacts internally with team representatives from PCOR, Finance, Brands, Medical Affairs, HEOR, Future Business Strategy, Commercial, Field Sales, Account Management, Analytics, Investor Relations, Value Communication and Contracting Strategy colleagues across all franchises, and all others, including global colleagues/counterparts, on a routine basis. Ensures strong collaboration across functions to optimize profitable access and provides timely communication of insights to all relevant partners.
- Support key insulin market and pricing research strategy initiatives in the US and in collaboration with Global Pricing team as needed
- Support development of the potential pricing and contract strategy for insulin products
- Coordinate market research and development of access and ARP scenarios to ensure launch readiness
- Support assessment of investments in payer contracts and patient copay programs
- Assist in evaluations of business development opportunities as needed
- Evaluate innovative contracting approaches and impact of alternative payment models within insulin therapeutic areas
- Actively participates in the optimization of the contracting strategy and roadmap development for all channels
- Monitor US list price and contracting environment for pharmaceutical products and identifies analogs to help inform insulin pricing strategies
- Work closely with Public Affairs team and PCOR to understand and communicate policy implications as they relate to innovative contracting approaches
- Leverage understanding of the competitive landscape to anticipate and pre-empt future competitor moves by supporting development of innovative strategies and tactics
- Develop key payer engagement tools, programs, and execution plans that will drive long-term profitable relationships with key accounts and the managed markets overall
- Work collaboratively with Contracting Strategy colleagues, Value Communications, Strategy & Innovation, PCOR, Brands, Health Economics, Medical Affairs, Account Executives, Analytics, and Global Pricing to develop and implement a strategic and tactical approach for pricing and payer contracting
- Support market research as it relates to specific payer / reimbursement issues impacting Novo Nordisk profitability of franchise area
- Develop content for Pricing Committee and/or ET meetings, as appropriate
- Provides project management oversight to a variety of projects and initiatives that support the aligned insulin therapeutic areas
- Develop and oversee implementation of key metrics. Regularly reviews current program progress to accomplish goals
- Adhere to administrative policies and procedures and encourages others to do the same
- Contribute to practices that attract and retain the best people.
10-20% overnight travel required.
- A Bachelor ‘s Degree in Business or equivalent experience. MBA or another advanced degree preferred. Relevant experience may be substituted for degree, when appropriate
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in any of the following areas: pharmaceutical sales, marketing, market insights, market research, pricing, contracting, managed markets strategy, or value communication within payer marketing, national account management, consulting, OR a minimum of four (4) years of experience in strategic market access in the pharmaceutical industry required
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in managed markets analytics, financial modeling of pricing and contracting scenarios and strategies for inline and pipeline therapies, or FP&A related to pricing and managed markets
- Strong understanding of the US payer environment, payer market dynamics, payer marketing principles and how market access organizations make decisions across private & public channels
- Specialty therapeutic area expertise a plus
- Have strong interpersonal; communication; analytical and project management skills
- Ability to translate strategies into measurable tactical programs that have high ROI
- Requires leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate a vision and engage people in that vision
- Ability to access and influence various functional areas and motivate groups to action without direct line management responsibility
About the Department
Novo Nordisk’s Market Access and Public Affairs team engages diverse stakeholders across political and healthcare landscapes to forge solutions that drive patient access to innovative products. We strive to deliver the best possible outcomes for patients with diabetes, obesity, growth hormone deficiencies and rare bleeding disorders through mutual wins for both Novo Nordisk and our Market Access customers. Our passion for helping people live better lives and our award-winning product pipeline can only be as effective as our ability to provide life-changing information to healthcare providers, key stakeholders and policymakers. Our Market Access and Public Affairs professionals ensure that the latest therapies and products reach the people who need them most, by creating an environment where innovation and chronic disease management drive optimal health outcomes. Are you ready to realize your potential?
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
This job is posted by Novo Nordisk.
This link brings you to the website of Novo Nordisk.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!