Hampton, NJ, US.
The Lead of Value and Access, Strategy and Operations is responsible for working closely with the VP of US Market Access to set strategy and direction while enhancing Market Access effectiveness with internal and external customers. The Lead is responsible for serving as a strategic partner while leading a team in the development and execution of Market Access pricing and channel (Payer, PBM, GPO, IDN etc.) strategies that maximize the value of patient access to current and future franchise therapies. Reporting to the VP, Market Access, he/she works closely with a cross-functional group including Market Access Corporate Accounts, Commercial, HEOR, Patient Services & Reimbursement, Trade, Compliance, Legal, Business Analytics and external vendors among others to develop impactful strategies and tactics that create best in class access solutions across the portfolio. The position requires a strong knowledge of the Health Care reimbursement landscape along with current and future dynamics. Must possess demonstrated strategic thinking along with the ability to drive cross-functional change both internally and externally.
- Lead an integrated team accountable for the development and implementation of a Market Access strategic plan that strengthens the inline portfolio while building toward successful launches
- Lead the Value and Access team that partners directly with commercial, brand leads and patient services to infuse market access insights into the overall go to market plan and forecast
- Directly accountable for the Pricing & Contract Strategy which leads all current and future value-based pricing strategies and GtN investments across contracted channels
- Lead the Market Access Operations group to identify opportunities for improvement, and develop unique solutions to provide improved patient access
- Act as the Market Access point on all business development initiatives
- Monitor the changing legislative and payer landscape, mergers and acquisitions (industry consolidation), insurance benefit design trends, strategic account trends)
- Maintain a consistent state of organizational awareness of key Market Access business trends, competitive updates, industry issues and opportunities
- Lead communication of account level changes and coordination of push/pull through efforts
- Proactively identify market access team knowledge gaps/training needs and coordinating around content development and roll out via live or distance learning
- Manage business unit POA engagement on behalf of Market Access
- Maintain a high degree of organizational priorities and incorporate into account & GtN investment strategy
- Manage account business planning process in partnership with Market Access Leadership
- Lead in development and coordination of key Market Access compliance initiatives including SOPs.
- Establish appropriate reporting and tracking mechanisms for Market Access including account management reporting and Market Access KPIs to leadership
- At least 15 years of experience in healthcare across multiple commercial leadership roles and Market Access with increasing responsibilities
- Deep understanding of reimbursement processes and “pull through” expertise
- Strong management experience including demonstrated team building and leadership skills
- Solid problem solving, conflict management, project management and analytical skills
- Ability to analyze complex situations to identify root cause and quickly create solutions with clear direction
- Effectively work cross-functionally with a highly collaborative approach
- Effective budget management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree.
- MBA or advanced degree desired but not required.
Mallinckrodt is a global specialty pharmaceutical business that develops, manufactures, markets and distributes specialty pharmaceutical products. Areas of focus include therapeutic drugs for autoimmune and rare disease specialty areas like neurology, rheumatology, nephrology, ophthalmology and pulmonology; immunotherapy and neonatal respiratory critical care therapies; and analgesics and central nervous system drugs. The company’s core strengths include the acquisition and management of highly regulated raw materials; deep regulatory expertise; and specialized chemistry, formulation and manufacturing capabilities. The company’s Specialty Brands segment includes branded medicines; its Specialty Generics segment includes specialty generic drugs, active pharmaceutical ingredients and external manufacturing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
This job is posted by Mallinckrodt.
This link brings you to the website of Mallinckrodt.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!