PA / GA / MA / WA / TN / MN / CA, US.
Looking at the challenges the world is facing today Philips’ purpose has never been more relevant. So, whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, you’ll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
The Sr Director HEMAR (Health Economics, Market Access and Reimbursement) oversees, leads, and directs organizational development and processes in the Business AM&D Reimbursement team and provides input and leadership within the HEMAR.
This leader is a thought leader in the area of competence and provides the required conditions for the well-being of the people in the team.
This position is vital for the success of the AM&D organization and will drive revenue growth through the Services First business model.
You are responsible for
- Lead development and execution of strategies to secure optimal reimbursement Lead the Strategic Reimbursement function for the Ambulatory Monitoring & Diagnostics business, responsible for directing, developing, and executing the overall reimbursement strategies for existing and future AM&D products to ensure optimum commercialization in the US; Influence clinical and economic data creation to meet and impact health policy to shape future reimbursement for the AM&D markets.
- Monitor reimbursement developments for all AM&D governmental payor codes
- Build top talent for global reimbursement working North America market related to AM&D
- Assess reimbursement opportunities and challenges for emerging and existing offerings
- Lead implementation of tactical planning activities
- Create and present short- and long-term Reimbursement strategies for executive team of Philips
- Communicate business plan to senior management and assist in strategic response
- Work with product development teams to ensure reimbursement needs are incorporated into product development timelines
- Work with strategy and business development group to update on reimbursement trends, changes and opportunity assessment
- Work closely with Regulatory to align strategy for access to internal reimbursement options
- Work Closely with HEMAR North America to align on CMS communication
- Build relationships with key players with CMS, MACs, and relevant associations (ACC, et cetera)
- Coordinate and lead vendor relations for reimbursement counsel, lobbying team and modeling development team
- Influence development and management of contracting processes to align agreement with ever-changing reimbursement structure
You are part of
A role in the organization, in which you will work closely together with local stakeholders to lead a wide range of innovative health technology projects across the key markets. You are an integral part of the larger Market Access and Reimbursement CoE team within the Chief Medical Office (part of the Innovation & Strategy group). You will report into the Head of HEMAR CoE.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a customer-first attitude and the following
- Minimum of 15 years of Home Healthcare experience with 10+ years of managerial experience
- Requires strong business acumen, and the ability to connect key business issues and competitive/profit drivers to public policy matters and obtain value for/advance the business interests and reputation of Philips
- Demonstrated stakeholder management with influencers from industry and government
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish solid working relationships across various internal and external stakeholders
- Expert knowledge of the healthcare industry and policy
- Solid knowledge of the types of products, services, solutions, businesses and strategies Philips offers or pursues
- Working knowledge of the reimbursement and payment systems affecting Philips Healthcare products and services with the understanding and ability to navigate these systems on behalf of Philips
- Ability to manage health policy and other cross-functional staff
- Excellent leadership and communications skills
- As an expert in the field, uses professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters. Significant barriers to entry (e.g., top management review, approval) exist at this level
- Interacts internally and externally with executive level management, requiring negotiation of extremely critical matters. Influences policy making
- Experience working on complex healthcare policy issues, requiring external advocacy strategies
- Demonstrated expertise in communicating complex, technical or policy issues to diverse, non-technical audiences
- Ability to successfully lead cross-functional, matrix teams utilizing strong organizational skillset to drive and lead complex campaigns and projects
- Strong writing and public speaking skills in order to communicate company positions on complex topics
- Malvern, Pennsylvania, United States of America
- Alpharetta, Georgia, United States of America
- Bothell, Washington, United States of America
- Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
- Plymouth, Minnesota, United States of America
- San Diego, California, United States of America
In return, we offer you
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 2.5 billion people per year by 2030, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. If you are interested in driving action to improve patients’ lives so they get home healthier and faster and stay there longer, then this position is poised to help you achieve that goal.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
How we work at Philips
Our newly adopted hybrid work concept fuses flexibility with collaboration to deliver great outcomes for our people and our customers. We are embracing an approach wherein we spend more time together than apart – which for full-time employees translates to an average of at least 3 days working from the office and up to 2 days from home – for our hybrid roles.
Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way.
Our hybrid working model is defined in 3 ways:
We believe in the importance of impactful collaboration: There’s a certain energy when everyone’s in the same room that can heighten idea generation and creative friction needed for problem-solving.
We embrace flexibility: Choosing where, when, and how to work can vary according to task and team schedules. Flexibility isn’t office or online, it means choosing the space that works best for you, your teams, and our customers on a case-by-case basis.
We want to be at our best: The way we work, and our workspaces are designed to support our well-being, offer career advancement opportunities, and enable us to be at our best.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common: An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
Effective Tuesday, January 4, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Philips*. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation. *Montana employees are currently excluded from this requirement at this time.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
This job is posted by Philips Healthcare.
This link brings you to the website of Philips Healthcare.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!