Rockland, MA, US.
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That’s why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
The Senior Director GVAP N&I is a key strategic position on the GMAP Neurology and Immunology team, responsible for ensuring the success of our development assets through generation of value maximizing market access and pricing strategies. The Senior Director will be the key point of contact and sit on all global program teams for Merck/EMD’s pipeline as well as for all business development activities. The role is critical to ensure key market pressures and opportunities are highlighted and considered in development strategy and as part of inorganic opportunity assessments. Strong knowledge of the US access environment is critical as well as a firm understanding of recent policy initiatives in the US (e.g. IRA) and abroad (German financial stabilization act). The Senior Director will have 1 direct report that will support the ongoing management of Merck/EMD’s pipeline assets and/or business development assessments.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible for driving the assessment and value optimization strategy for all organic and inorganic opportunities with consideration of micro and macro payer/HTA dynamics
- Develop and own pipeline asset market access strategy aligned to global franchise strategy
- Identify indication, product and portfolio pricing and access strategies
- Collaborate with medical and commercial colleagues on identifying and prioritizing key evidence opportunities, including clinical, RWE, and humanistic, to support near and long-term value
- Generate insights and build robust value propositions to establish differentiated profile and inform evidence needs
- Guide business development decisions on pre-due-diligence and due-diligence MAP opportunities and risks
- Advise leadership on micro and macro pricing and access trends to shape current and future development strategy and commercialization
- Lead for interaction with global program teams and associated sub-teams
- Inform the business on pricing and access dynamics to inform organic and inorganic asset and/or indication valuation
- Partner with key markets on insights, strategies, and activities to optimize value and opportunistically navigate access pathways
- Collaborate with policy partners on pending and new legislative actions on their impact to inline and pipeline assets
- Support development of team members through informal coaching and mentoring
Who you Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in science, pharmacy, medicine, economics, business, public health, or health economics
- Minimum 10 years of experience in either pharmaceutical market access & pricing, and/or related experience on local, regional, or global Level
- Fluent in English
Professional Skills & Experience
- Pipeline, Launch and/or In-line Brand Management
- Knowledgeable in Market Access with an established understanding of major market reimbursement and pricing systems (US+EU5).
- Strong presenter and communicator, who can deliver complex insights in a simplistic and impactful matter across all levels of management
- Deep subject knowledge in pharma pricing required
- Experience working in a multi-cultural & highly matrixed environment
- Experience developing pharmaceutical pricing and contracting strategies and familiarity with key market HTA systems, International Reference Pricing, etc.
- Advanced data management skills with focus on excel capabilities
- Curious mind with a winning attitude and an out of the box mindset.
- Analytical thinker, who identifies opportunities & challenges from a holistic perspective and translate this in operational strategies to secure access and optimize revenue.
- Strong partner, who can navigate projects and collaborations, build consensus and drive decisions in a complex cross-functional environment by leading without authority.
- Good influencer in an evolving set up
- Presents high level of emotional intelligence
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
This job is posted by Merck KGaA.
This link brings you to the website of Merck KGaA.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!