East Coast, US / Burlington, CA.
This is an opportunity to work for ICON Global Health Economics, Outcomes Research and Epidemiology (GHEORE), a division of ICON plc, an international clinical research organisation headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. We are respected globally for the quality and innovation of our work, undertaking consultancy projects for international clients in both the pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.
ICON GHEORE is currently seeking to appoint a Senior Principal to join its Global Health Economics team. This team is highly respected in the field of health economics and health technology assessment (HTA) for quality and innovation, undertaking consultancy projects for international clients in both the pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.
The candidate will be required to support the Global practice lead, in taking senior managerial responsibility for the department. In addition, the candidate recruited for this role will be expected to utilise their skills in health economics, including decision modelling and related statistical analysis to contribute to all aspects of the department’s work as well as supporting the development of the team globally.
- Manage all aspects of country-level and global health economic modelling and statistical analysis projects and ensure the quality of all deliverables meets client requirements
- Establish and maintain client relationships and take the lead with proposal development for HTA, Health Economics, Reimbursement and Outcomes related projects
- Provide oversight of resourcing, staff development, recruitment activities, and departmental growth within the health economics practice
- Provide strategic contribution and lead business development and proposal processes
- Provide technical mentorship to junior modellers, identify and manage training needs and provide on the job training and support as required
- Lead publications/scientific communications for self and department staff
- Direct, manage and be involved in proposal writing, project work and client liaison
- Provide support to the Global practice lead in implementing business strategies
- Liaise with senior management across the global HTA-HERO group to identify developmental needs in junior modellers and to provide training when possible
- Form part of the management team of the Global practice and in the day to day management of the group
- Demonstrate and actively promote an open and honest working environment.
- Travel (approximately 15%) domestic or international.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in health economics or a related quantitative discipline, such as operational research, medical statistics, or epidemiology.
- Experience in designing and developing health economic models
- Experience in analysing individual patient level data for use in economic models
- Significant relevant industry/ consultancy experience; where consultancy is preferred
- Demonstrable experience of people management
- Demonstrable experience of business development
- Significant experience within a consulting, academic or pharmaceutical/ devices industry environment
- Proven management experience, in particular the ability to lead a team of junior analysts
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- High self-motivation
- Leadership potential
Benefits of Working at ICON
This is a permanent, full time position within our Global HEORE team.
We are committed to supporting the growth and development of the global team. As such, the candidate recruited for this role will receive external training as well as on the job training from our senior scientists and be offered opportunities to attend and present at major international conferences (health economic and clinical).
Apply for this role