Thousand Oaks, CA, US.
The Medical Value & Access National Account Director (MV&A NAD)position falls within the Health Outcomes and Pharmacoeconomics (HOPE) Specialists group in US Medical Value and Access, reporting to a Field Director. The MV&A NAD serves as a medical specialist to access decision makers in prioritized national accounts. The individual will educate decision makers on the clinical and economic evidence for prioritized Amgen products, and corresponding therapeutic areas, with the ultimate goal of improving access and patient outcomes at these accounts.
- Develops professional relationships with a broad set of access decision makers in the account to ensure appropriate communication of clinical and economic information for Amgen products and therapeutic areas of interest.
- Responsible for building strategic relationships at executive levels within aligned national accounts.
- Responsible for facilitating other medical resources (e.g., including personnel) to address medical needs at the national account.
- Serves as the Medical lead for developing robust strategic accounts plans, collaborating with the Market Access and other internal partners, as appropriate.
- Leads cross-functional activities across US Medical Teams to develop strategic Medical objectives & tactics for the account; includes synthesis of customer insights to inform short- and long-term strategy, and integration of customer-specific research needs into evidence generation plans.
- Leads the review of (and provides input when clinically appropriate) on utilization/prior authorization policies developed by the national account proactively, as well as downstream policies to ensure appropriate clinically-supported alignment.
- Coordinates pull-through of national account initiatives by working closely with regional account HOPEs on downstream account work.
- Identifies and facilitates creative clinical partnership opportunities with the customer in areas such as population health, value-based partnerships, real world data evidence, health economics, and other types of observational research.
- Leads pipeline engagement efforts to ensure consideration of US payer feedback into R&D planning.
- Offers mentoring opportunities to HOPE specialists to experience national account activities and support a development plan for HOPE specialist career growth.
- Functions as a valued member of the HOPE senior leadership team and lead transformation initiatives as needed.
- Represents Amgen by supporting advisory boards, congresses, and professional association meetings.
- Travel (Around 50%)
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is a leader with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree and 4 years of Medical Science Liaison experience or payer experience.
- Pharm.D., Ph.D., M.D., or D.O.
- 8+ years MSL experience
- National payer experience highly preferred
- Evidence of large impact at previous accounts
- Deep knowledge of managed markets, pharmacoeconomics, population health and broad healthcare trends
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong track record of partnering with cross-functional colleagues to provide value to customer
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
How might you defy imagination?
If you feel like you’re part of something bigger, it’s because you are. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together—researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It’s time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
If you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.
This job is posted by Amgen.
This link brings you to the website of Amgen.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!