Plano, TX / Westford, MA, US.
We are recruiting a Manager, Health Economics & Reimbursement professional to join our team. You are responsible for the development and execution of value-focused economic and reimbursement strategies. This includes supporting customers seeking reimbursement for Abbott therapies by having an in-depth understanding of US coding, coverage, and payment systems.
This position will be a strategic business partner to the Abbott Neuromodulation business, primarily in the U.S. but will also be trained in support of our outside of the US teams. The Manager is responsible for helping formulate and drive health economics strategies and tactical plans throughout the Neuromodulation business. This position will play a lead role in the development and communication/presentation of economic models for various technologies and will coordinate extensively with Marketing, Clinical Affairs, Regulatory, Sales and other functions to develop and communicate these materials to internal and external stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and implement health economics and reimbursement strategies to support cross-functional teams.
- Communicate Abbott value messaging, reimbursement and coverage strategies, and holds a strong understanding of physicians, business/practice managers, payers, and their decision-making systems.
- Present to a diverse audience, including C-suite executives, physicians, and service line administrators regarding health economic and reimbursement issues.
- Develop health care economic and reimbursement education programs for internal (sales and sales management) and external (hospitals, physicians, payers, etc.) stakeholders.
- Keep commercial organization and other internal functions (e.g., Clinical, Regulatory Affairs, R&D) informed about the potential impact of key health policy and macroeconomic changes; including, but not limited to, digital health initiatives, comparative effectiveness, and health technology assessment.
- Provide information on economic buyer and commercial payer issues related to reimbursement, coverage, prior authorization, benefit management companies, and medical policy analysis for the Abbott Neuromodulation product portfolios.
- Participate in cross-departmental meetings and conference calls for the purpose of providing input and guidance regarding economic evidence, quality of life / patient reported outcomes, value messaging and reimbursement.
- Act as a primary liaison for internal Abbott organization with respect to Health Economics and Reimbursement issues and questions.
- Monitor changes in the external environment (regulatory/reimbursement changes, managed care arrangements) and advise senior management on threats and opportunities with suggested action plans.
- Work with HE&R leadership, sales and marketing to develop health economics and cost effectiveness arguments into interactive computer programs and other reimbursement tools for sales representative use in the field
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Comply with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
Education And Experience You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college in relevant area required
- Minimum 5-7 years of progressively advancing experience in the following categories: Service line administration, or C-suite experience in hospital, physician practice and/or payer setting; or prior industry reimbursement and health care economics experience; or advanced degree in relevant area with less than 4-6 years of relevant work experience.
- Thorough understanding of U.S. public and commercial payer models, reimbursement concepts (e.g., coverage, coding, and payment).
- Experience in health policy, health economics, medical device reimbursement, technology assessment, or health care research.
- Understanding of medical / clinical research methods and publication interpretation and ability to use evidence to support value proposition.
- Strategic thinker with experience implementing programs outside of direct reporting relationships.
- Experience in collaboration working across a matrix organization with various stakeholders.
- Communication, and ability to distill complex information into concise, impactful communications to both internal and external customers/stakeholders.
- Action oriented, comfort with ambiguity, business acumen, and organizational and strategic agility.
- Problem solving of highly complex issues, which requires critical assessment of potential impact on multiple interested parties.
- Ability to travel approximately 25%
- Advanced degree preferred (MHA, MBA, MS, Etc.).
- Relevant experience in reimbursement medical devices, with specific experience in Neuromodulation
What We Offer
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs. Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
For years, Abbott’s medical device businesses have offered technologies that are faster, more effective, and less invasive. Whether it’s glucose monitoring system, innovative therapies for treating heart disease, or products that help people with chronic pain or movement disorders, our medical device technologies are designed to help people live their lives better and healthier. Every day, our technologies help more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from routine ﬁngersticks.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
This job is posted by Abbott.
This link brings you to the website of Abbott.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!