Home-based / Maple Grove, MN, US.
Do you have knowledge and passion with respect to healthcare administration, healthcare delivery and health economics? Do you have the desire to be in a highly visible and influential role in a well-established medical device industry leader? Then you may be an excellent candidate for a field-based Manager role within our Health Economics and Market Access team supporting Boston Scientific’s rapidly growing Structural Heart business. A fundamental priority for this position will be communicating the value of our Left Atrial Appendage Closure technology (WATCHMAN) business and differentiating Boston Scientific with clinical and economic customers to positively influence business objectives.
Successful candidates will have excellent technical expertise in the areas of healthcare administration and delivery, facility and physician reimbursement, and health economic value messaging. Candidates will exhibit outstanding communication skills with the ability to present complex information to a broad and diverse group of stakeholders, and will have the ability to convey the unique capabilities that Boston Scientific has in this market. The role is ideal for candidates who enjoy both strategy and execution
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support implementation of health economic and value selling strategies and activities for Boston Scientific (BSC) working with divisional staff and key internal and external stakeholders:
- Develop and implement reimbursement, health economics and market access, and value selling strategies to promote growth in the WATCHMAN franchise.
- Work in partnership with sales and sales leadership to plan and prioritize customer visits to deliver value selling messages to drive BSC priorities.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Clinical and Health Economics teams to anticipate market needs and inform the development of customer-facing tools, economic models and other tactical elements of reimbursement to maximize patient access to BSC technologies.
- Educate and train sales team on health economic tools and messaging both via in-person and virtual meetings.
- Support relationships with local physician champions to support interactions with hospital administrators.
- Ensure health economic and value selling methodologies and messages are consistent across the organization and compliant with legal and regulatory guidance.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years working in the delivery and/or administration of healthcare or the medical device industry
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the healthcare industry and healthcare systems
- Understanding of medical device industry reimbursement environment
- Understanding of hospital financial systems and management practices
- Knowledge of US health care policy and payment systems, including Medicare and commercial payers, in inpatient and outpatient sites of service
- Ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated skills in account management and customer service
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite, iPad applications)
- Field based position with overnight travel estimated at 75%
- An advanced degree such as an MBA, MPH or MHA in health policy, health economics, healthcare administration, health services research, or similar discipline is highly desired.
- Experience in the cardiovascular specialties
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including developing relationships at all levels in an organization and directly influencing business objectives
- Ability to present complex health economic information to both large and small influential groups in a way that is both easy to understand, credible, and engages the audience
- Perform with composure in sometimes contentious meetings with external customers
- Effectively operate financial calculators in order to demonstrate to customers how Boston Scientific products will impact their facility or healthcare system economically and financially
- Ability to train sales team members both individually and in groups in the use of economic tools such as calculators, presentations, and messaging in a compliant manner
- Ability to illicit and interpret customers’ goals, needs, and priorities and creatively address them with Boston Scientific products and programs
- Demonstrated responsiveness and sense of urgency when pursuing goals and completing tasks
- Demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities, manage multiple projects
- Ability to work with ambiguity and continuously adapt in a rapidly changing atmosphere
- Experience and comfort with complex concept sales involving changes in customer behavior or care-pathway in response to clinical unmet needs
- Experience working as part of both functional and cross-functional teams
Requisition ID: 536399
Additional Location(s): US-NY-Albany/Poughkeepsie; US-MA-Boston; US-NY-New York City; US-OH-Cleveland; US-PA-Philadelphia
U.S. Field Based Position. This person will cover the Northeast territory.
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Please be advised that certain US based positions, including without limitation field sales and service positions that call on hospitals and/or health care centers, require acceptable proof of COVID-19 vaccination status. Candidates will be notified during the interview and selection process if the role(s) for which they have applied require proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Boston Scientific continues to evaluate its policies and protocols regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and will comply with all applicable state and federal law and healthcare credentialing requirements. As employees of the Company, you will be expected to meet the ongoing requirements for your roles, including any new requirements, should the Company’s policies or protocols change with regard to COVID-19 vaccination.
This job is posted by Boston Scientific.
This link brings you to the website of Boston Scientific.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!