Abbott Park, IL, US.
The Manager of Field Health Economics and Reimbursement (HE&R) is responsible for educating facilities and clinicians regarding reimbursement, health care reform, and billing practices to assist programs in establishing and maintaining reimbursement health and economic awareness for the identified Abbott Cardiovascular therapies. The essentials of the position include educating customers at a deeper level on coverage, coding, and payment models.
- Educate customers on the economic landscape of coverage, coding, and reimbursement.
- Decrease barriers to patient access for new product launches and indication expansions.
- Continually build long-lasting customer relationships.
- Provide health economic education to the commercial sales organization.
- Serve as the field liaison to the Therapy Access Teams by delivering customer insights, trends and challenges learned from the field.
- Co-create HE&R materials with the Therapy Access teams to assist with internal and external customer education.
- Participate in cross-departmental meetings and conference calls to provide input and guidance regarding market dynamics and issues needing focus, attention, and action.
- Manage travel and entertainment within confines of the allowable budget.
- Comply with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintain positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college in a relevant area is required.
- 3-5 years of medical device or pharmaceutical field reimbursement, health policy, or health economic experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative solutions, understand how to do the research to uncover missing information, and enjoy the challenge of being a solution architect.
- Extensive presentation experience in front of a diverse audience, including C-suite executives, health care providers, and the commercial organization.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Advanced personal computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills and a high attention to detail.
- Ability to travel approximately 23-30%.
For years, Abbott’s Medical Devices businesses have offered technologies that are faster, more effective, and less invasive. Whether it’s glucose monitoring systems, innovative therapies for treating heart disease, or products that help people with chronic pain or movement disorders, our medical device technologies are designed to help people live their lives better and healthier. Every day, our technologies help more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from routine ﬁnger sticks.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working At Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit – an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
This job is posted by Abbott.
This link brings you to the website of Abbott.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!