Raleigh, NC, US.
This is an exciting position available on our Advanced Analytics team. Utilizing successful experience in the healthcare data science industry, the Manager, Data Science will contribute to crucial and time sensitive projects. Overall, the Manager, Data Science is a self-motivated individual who leads independent data analysis prepares comprehensive reports, and presentations of data analysis findings for both internal and external clients, and also supports privacy redactions and drives project implementations, supporting revenue needs.
- The Manager Client Analytics will be responsible for the development, implementation, quality, and effectiveness of the assigned Custom Analytics projects.
- Manage analytics projects while working with internal clients and custom analytics consultants.
- Understand and ensure Standard Operating Procedures are followed with regard to analytical deliverables.
- Develop and enhance innovative solutions within the Life Sciences industry.
- Provide recommendations based on analyzed data to solve a variety of business problems and enable business strategy.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (customers, internal IT teams, etc.) to understand business needs, ensure data integrity and flow efficiency, and to create tools for customer utilization.
- Produce quality solutions and validations with continued on-going support of client and projects.
- Enhance or create new quality control methods to evaluate the accuracy of deliverable and/or project analysis.
- Manipulate and / or build query statements to perform data extracts across multiple data sets and platforms.
- Drive implementations of Privacy redactions with Internal Teams.
- Finalize and deliver the results of assigned projects to internal clients
- Conceptualize, develop and support in the role of an Analytic lead for Clinical Trial platform, Health Economics and Outcomes Research and/or Real-World Evidence studies
- Analyze integrated medical and pharmacy data and various other database archives available within the Symphony data assets
- Produces clear tool extracts/reports to provide deliverables to customers that are clear and efficient.
- Strong ability to translate data driving insights into decisions and actions.
- Strong ability to think strategically and be proactive and collaborative
- Contribute to RFPs and customer requests as necessary in collaboration with business development.
- Collaborate with IT group to transform and prepare data for analysis.
- Appropriately balances the quantity/quality of own work with the business situation; demonstrates enthusiasm, drive and a sense of urgency when completing work.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and assessments skills.
- Strong project management skills.
What do you have?
- 4+ years relevant experience, including 2 years as Lead Data Scientist or Manager Data Science
- Experience in Healthcare Economic Outcomes Research (HEOR)
- Thorough understanding of inpatient clinical (lab, pharmacy, radiology, notes) and outpatient medical claims & pharmacy claims data
- Knowledge of machine learning and predictive modeling.
- Knowledge of relational databases, scripting languages, and statistical computing packages, including R, Python, Hadoop, and Oracle
- Knowledge of applied statistics, including regression models.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Public Health, Pharmacy, or similar subject, or international equivalent
- Live in the US
*Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education and experience stated above. All employees must read, write and speak fluent English and host
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals – both ours and yours.
We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans – and related benefits such as life assurance – so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you’ll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
At ICON, it’s our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients’ lives.
Our ‘Own It’ culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as individuals and set us apart as an organisation: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organisation that delivers excellence to our clients and to patients at every touch-point. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
That’s our vision. We’re driven by it. And we need talented people who share it.
If you’re as driven as we are, join us. You’ll be working in a dynamic and supportive environment, with some of the brightest and the friendliest people in the sector, and you’ll be helping shape an industry.
Healthcare Intelligence Experts.
Symphony Health, part of the ICON plc family, is a team of curious thinkers and intellectual problem solvers driving the healthcare data industry forward. We leverage our large, integrated healthcare data repository and our analytic expertise to build customized, agile data solutions which answer the questions our clients — life science manufacturers, payers, and providers — have today, as well as those they’ll have tomorrow. Together, we can help patients get the right drugs at the right times.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.
Apply for this role