Boston, MA, US.
Vertex is seeking a talented and motivated individual to join its Global Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) group in Boston, MA. The primary responsibility of the Associate Director is to participate in the development and execution of strategies that optimize the supporting evidence and value proposition of Vertex’s early small molecules pipeline assets through each stage of the development, launch and post-launch phases. This position reports to the Senior Director HEOR, Small Molecule Pipeline Programs.
The primary responsibility of this position is to participate in leading the development and execution of the early small molecule pipeline programs’ evidence generation activities that will help optimize the supporting evidence and value proposition at launch. Disease areas supported by early small molecule pipeline include Apol-1 mediated kidney disease (AMKD), Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency (AATD), Pain and Myotonic Dystrophy type 1 (DM1).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes HEOR evidence generation studies including: prospective and retrospective natural history observational studies, meta-analyses and systematic literature reviews, clinical outcome assessment measure development and validation studies, and early economic models, as needed, to assess and support the asset value
- Applies best practices to provide key input into the design of Vertex’s observational research and clinical studies
- Gathers and synthesizes insights from Payers, HCPs, Policymakers and HEOR experts; stays current with scientific
and policy trends and best practices and applies strategic and content expertise to strategy planning, including the development of the asset’s Evidence Generation Plan
- Collaborates with the Medical Communications team on publication strategy and ensures that the
dissemination of HEOR evidence is timely and has maximum impact
- Works with the Senior Director, HEOR, to represent HEOR needs for the asset on cross functional teams when required
- Communicates complex health economic and outcomes research findings internally and externally
- Partners and works closely with Global Pricing and Market Access to support the development of the asset’s value narrative
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong track record of publication in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Technical expert in HEOR able to formulate and lead complex research projects ensuring that study conduct is technically and scientifically rigorous, reflects best HEOR practices and managed to timelines and budgets
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including presentation skills to influence others internally/externally; comfortable communicating complex concepts and adapting presentation style to a variety of audiences
- Strong track record of success functioning in dynamic and matrix environments with the ability to multitask
- Strong attention to detail and focus on quality
- Ability to apply knowledge of healthcare systems, global health technology appraisals requirements and clinical development to identify evidence gaps and propose evidence generation strategies
- Understanding of the legal and regulatory environment of the pharmaceutical industry with spotless history of compliance and ethical workplace conduct
Education and Experience:
- Advanced degree (PhD, MD, Master’s degree, MPH, or PharmD) in a relevant discipline
- Typically requires 8 years or more of relevant experience, with substantial background in HEOR, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Please note that Vertex requires COVID-19 vaccination for all employees working in the U.S. as a condition of employment at Vertex, subject to medical, religious or other accommodations or exemptions required by law. We believe this requirement is vital to keeping everyone at Vertex and in our communities safe. This requirement applies to both existing and new employees who may at any time work on-site at a Vertex facility or visit another location on behalf of Vertex (e.g., conferences, customer visits, etc.), including all remote employees. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition.
This job is posted by Vertex.
This link brings you to the website of Vertex.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!