Boston, MA, US.
Vertex is seeking a talented individual with the desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of people with serious diseases, their families and society.
As a member of our Global Health Economics and Outcomes Research team based in the Boston Seaport District, your primary responsibility will be to envision, create and communicate compelling evidence supporting the value of a key asset in the Cystic Fibrosis portfolio from clinical development through launch. You must have an entrepreneurial spirit and drive to develop creative solutions to novel problems, while managing complexity and ambiguity in a fast-moving, matrixed work environment. This position reports to the Senior Director of Global HEOR.
- Lead the HEOR strategy for a key asset within the Cystic Fibrosis therapeutic area
- Serve as the HEOR asset lead on cross-functional teams to ensure HEOR strategic plans reflect input of key stakeholders and are aligned with clinical, medical, RWE and market access plans
- Gather and synthesize insights from Payers, KOLs and HEOR experts; stay current with scientific and policy trends and apply strategic and content expertise to strategy planning
- Provide key input to the design of Vertex clinical development and Phase 4 programs to ensure appropriate inclusion of design elements and endpoints relevant to payers, clinicians and patients
- Oversee evidence generation including, CEAs and BIMs, prospective and retrospective observational studies, ITCs, meta-analyses and systematic reviews, PRO measure development and validation, and other research as needed to support the asset value
- Collaborate with the Medical Communications teams on publication strategy and ensure that dissemination of HEOR evidence is timely and has maximum impact
- Work closely with Global Pricing and Market Access to lead production of product value proposition and deliver compelling and robust Global launch deliverables (including GVD)
- Expedite market access with optimal pricing globally by supporting local model adaptations and HTA submissions to ensure accurate, consistent and effective use of HEOR evidence
- Advanced degree (PhD, MD, MPH, MS or PharmD) in a scientific discipline; clinical background should be supplemented with advanced quantitative training demonstrated by an MPH or MS in a relevant field
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, with substantial background in HEOR
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Launch experience
- Able to apply knowledge of US healthcare system, global HTA requirements, and clinical development, to identify evidence gaps and formulate evidence generation and communication strategies
- Subject-matter expert in HEOR able to formulate and lead creative research projects and ensure conduct is technically and scientifically rigorous and reflects best HEOR practices
- Culturally sensitive collaborator able to effectively lead cross-functional teams to ensure alignment with business and stakeholder needs while managing to timelines and budgets
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including presentation skills; comfortable communicating complex concepts and adapting presentation style to a variety of audiences
- Understanding of the legal and regulatory environment of the pharmaceutical industry, with spotless history of compliance and ethical workplace conduct
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.
This job is posted by Vertex.
This link brings you to the website of Vertex.