East Hanover, NJ, US.
The Director Business Planning and Strategy, US Pharma will work closely with the VP and Head, US Innovative Medicines Market Access in establishing the new Market Access strategy, team operations, and enhanced and simplified engagement within the Product Organization and across US Pharma functions. The Director Business Planning and Strategy will engage with all levels of the organization on behalf of the Product organization, identifying areas of strategic and operational focus to enable business-critical transformational change. He/she will play a critical role in managing ongoing product organization meeting/ engagement operations, developing cross-divisional interconnectivity, and enable change management for the product organization. This role will have 2 direct reports.
The Director Business Planning and Strategy, US Innovative Medicines Market Access, will be responsible for meeting and engagement planning and excellence across various strategic pillars. This individual will be the key point of contact for executive engagements in the US and Globally in partnership with the Head of Market Access.
The ideal candidate is passionate about both strategy and execution and is able to translate ideation through to impact. This person will be a self-starter eager to change and ready to challenge assumptions. This individual is a skilled influencer and is able to interact & influence across various levels of seniority, both within Pharma and cross-divisionally across Pharma divisions and Novartis. Director Business Planning and Strategy is passionate about driving simplification, leadership, and problem solving.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Create and provide strategic communications support for executive engagement for the Head of Mar-et Access both US and Global
• Oversea and manage strategic engagements related to critical business priorities to senior internal and external audiences
• Provide strategic counsel, daily operational and business planning support to the Head of Market Access and Market Access Organization
• Lead, create and prioritization and execution of key prioritized strategic initiatives across Market Access organization, in partnership with all other US Functions
• Build excellence in day-to-day meeting operations and outcomes in service of the Head of Market Access and Market Access Organization
• Create and embed new standard for effective critical strategic planning and reviews for the Market Access Organization
• Create and lead key initiatives for the Market Access Organization with the Head of Market Access, US IMLT and Global leaders to drive culture, operational excellence
This is a US based position. No international relocation will be provided for this position.
This position will be located at the East Hanover site and will not have the ability to be located re-motely. This position will require 20% travel as defined by the business (domestic and/ or international).“Please note that this role would not provide relocation and only local candidates will be considered.
What you’ll bring to the role:
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or Health Policy degree preferred
• 8+ years in pharmaceutical, biotech, healthcare, or healthcare consulting industry inclusive of at least 2 different types of cross-functional roles/experience
• 2+ years in project management and translation of strategy into execution
• 2+ years leading complex projects requiring global and local alignment
• 2+ years with significant consulting group preferred
• Minimum 3+ year commercial experience preferably with a multi-functional experience in a pharmaceutical, biotech, healthcare or consulting environment
• Experience in project management and translation of strategy into execution
• Strong ability to simplify complex concepts & strategies and “tell a story” orally and in writing
• Strong analytical skills and an ability to generate insights and develop relevant action plans
Bringing life-changing medicines to millions of people, Novartis sits at the intersection of cutting-edge medical science and innovative digital technology. As a global company, the resources and opportunities for growth and development are plentiful including global and local cross functional careers, a diverse learning suite of thousands of programs & an in-house marketplace for rotations & project work. With a strong medicines pipeline our current transformation will not just deliver growth for our business but continue to allow us to bring innovative medicines to patients quickly.
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what’s possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
COVID-19: While Novartis does not require vaccination at this time, for certain Novartis sites in the US all associates and candidates may be required to either upload an image of their COVID-19 vaccine card demonstrating proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (or other similar evidence of vaccination) or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken by the associate or candidate within the past seven days to enter any of our sites and/or customer office or healthcare facility, as well as prior to participating in other work related off-site meetings. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions.
This job is posted by Novartis.
This link brings you to the website of Novartis.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!