Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Under general supervision, plans, conducts and supervises assignments. Reviews progress and evaluates results. Recommends changes in procedures. Operates with substantial latitude for unreviewed action or decision in key areas of focused expertise.
• Provide senior leadership on multiple client accounts
• Grow existing client relationship and develop new business opportunities
• Create innovative business expansion and/or new services
• Responsible for lead proposal writing, contracting, client capabilities presentations, and pricing
• Manage, implement and deliver on various project types potentially including: Brand planning engagements, Value proposition creation (for client products to payers, providers, HTA decision-makers, and other stakeholders such as patients and policymakers), Commercialization strategy and Message testing /HEOR-focused payer market research, Evidence generation planning.
• Develops and / or reviews study reports, scientific publications, abstracts, and posters
• Serve as primary client/project manager
• Manage project budget
• Approve purchases, contracting, expenses, and may manage vendor relationships
• Allocate human and financial resources as appropriate to ensure objectives are accomplished
• Search and pursue revenue generation opportunities and effectively manage to ensure that new revenue is realized
• Train managers on financial matters related to performing job responsibilities
• Overall responsibility for timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of all assigned projects
• Identify areas for risk
• Foster proactive, continued quality improvement
• Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
• Accomplishes staff results by communicating expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
• Performs other related duties as assigned
HEOR and market access strategy responsibilities:
- Develops market access/HEOR strategy and associated evidence generation plans to optimize market access and product uptake
- Conducts and oversees landscape/situational and gap analyses to understand the competitive market landscape and inform product strategy
- Develops and oversees value propositions and evidence generation roadmaps to ensure manufacturer clients have a compelling value story AND the right evidence at the right time to support their product’s value proposition to payers, providers, and other key stakeholders.
- Drives new business development for the VAS team through chainlinking, building and maintaining strong client relationships, proposal writing, client presentations, etc.
• Builds Effective Teams
• Business Insights
• Communicates Effectively
• Customer Focus
• Decision Quality• Drives for Results
• Ensure Accountability
• Functional Knowledge
• Manages Ambiguity
• Manages Complexity
Experience in both HEOR and market access/managed markets preferred but not required.
What your background should look like
Experience and Educational Requirements:
A postgraduate degree (eg, Ph.D., DrPH, M.D., Pharm.D., MPH, Masters) in a relevant discipline preferred. Graduate degree (in Health Economics, Outcomes Research, Pharmacy Administration, Biostatistics, Health Services Research, Clinical Epidemiology, Public Health Policy, or Business Administration) and/or specific exposure to health economics and outcomes research acquired through work experience or coursework as the minimum educational requirement with at least 8+ years of practical experience and 8+ years supervising professionals.
Past work experience including at least 3+ years in at least one of the following:
- The biopharmaceutical industry in a health economics and outcomes research and/or market access focused role
- Consulting, in a health economics and outcomes research and/or market access focused role
Minimum Skills, Knowledge and Ability Requirements:
Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of particular field of specialization to the completion of significant assignments. Crosses fields. Assignments necessitate advanced knowledge, sufficient to teach others
• Broad technical knowledge of outcomes research and health economics
• Structured and well organized
• Excellent writing skills as well as the ability to communicate complex material in presentations and discussions in a straightforward manner
• Ability to work well in a dynamic, successful consulting firm, which maintains high quality standards and demands excellence
• Database management and analytical and statistical skills
• Economic modeling skills
• Medical writing skills
• Experience developing outcomes research/health economics study protocols
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong clinical skills preferred
• Strong work ethic
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
*This Salary Range reflects a National Average for this job. The actual range may vary based on your locale. Ranges in Colorado-specific locations may be up to 10% lower than the minimum salary range, and 12% higher than the maximum salary range.
As of August 24, 2021, AmerisourceBergen requires all U.S. team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen’s policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
Affiliated Companies: AmerisourceBergen Services Corporation
Equal Employment Opportunity
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
This job is posted by AmerisourceBergen.
This link brings you to the website of AmerisourceBergen.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!