Home-based, Europe / US.
The AD Research, RWE is responsible for the scientific management and oversight of a variety of global and regional prospective and retrospective multi-site observational studies including but not limited to patient/HCP surveys, registries, chart review studies, electronic medical record and claims database analyses, and time and motion studies. Other responsibilities will include study feasibility and study design support, providing methodologic expertise internally and to sponsors, providing business development support for Real World and Late Phase (RWLP), and producing high quality RWE research and raising awareness of RWE.
- For the above-mentioned types of observational studies, acts as a consultant to or leads the conduct of the study from a scientific perspective including the development of study protocols and other key study documents (survey, interview guide, informed consent form, case report form, training materials, data management plan, statistical analysis plan, etc.).
- Conducts quantitative and qualitative analyses of data (mainly Excel); prepares study reports and external publications (abstracts, posters, manuscripts) with minimal oversight.
- Maintains familiarity with real world evidence research trends, clinical and epidemiological practice guidelines, and regulatory expectations related to observational research.
- Provides scientific oversight of selected projects, responsible for meeting or exceeding customer expectations for timelines, budgets, quality, and overall sponsor satisfaction.
- Provides strategic input from a scientific perspective as a member of the RWLP team; builds organizational capacity, improvement of scientific and operational processes and real-world research methodologies, and RWLP Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) development and maintenance.
- Works with RWLP management, business development, and operations personnel to develop and win global business opportunities; provides input into feasibility analysis to determine whether a study of the client’s issue/problem is feasible; proposes the study design; provides input into the proposal and budget; helps to develop and deliver bid defenses and capabilities presentations.
- Participates in congress presentations.
- Primary sponsor contact for assigned projects.
- Provides training and mentoring for junior level colleagues.
- Works collaboratively across the organization to promote RWE and help develop business opportunities.
What we’re looking for
- Advanced degree (Master’s) in epidemiology, economics, public health or other health related fields or acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience (Masters 6+ years; Preferred Doctorate with 3+ years);
- Must show proven understanding of retrospective and prospective research methods, and post-marketing and late phase study designs (e.g. registry, phase IIIB/IV study designs);
- Candidate must demonstrate global & regional (as appropriate) Real World Research experience;
- Candidate must be fluent in English, both written and spoken;
- Must have extensive experience with personal computers and MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Knowledge of statistical programming language(s) (e.g. SAS, R) is a plus;
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal skills, both written and spoken, with an ability to inform, influence, convince, and persuade;
- Above average attention to detail, accuracy and organization;
- Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason – we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
- #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture – where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
- We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it – you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health – physical, mental and financial.
- We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission & Approval of an Exemption does not guarantee that an exemption can be accommodated.
This job excludes CO applicants.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.
This job is posted by Syneos Health.
This link brings you to the website of Syneos Health.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!