Lake County, IL, US.
Develop HEOR strategies and lead tactical execution to support launching and/or pipeline assets in Immunology (gastroenterology) in compliance with standards and policies.
- Plan and lead US Health Economics and Outcomes Research strategies and tactics under the supervision of the gastroenterology lead to support the product value proposition to payers, patients, and providers – including retrospective database analyses, US-based economic modeling, PRO validation activities, trial endpoint differentiation, literature reviews, and meta-analyses
- Applies extensive technical knowledge and experience to plan, execute, and interpret research and data collection activities. Independently identifies appropriate internal and external data resources and external expertise to execute strategies and research activities led by HEOR. Can generate relevant data for a number of payer customer segments (commercial, Medicare/Medicaid, PBM, health plan, VA/DOD, employer, etc.).
- Actively participates in cross-functional brand teams (including medical, commercial, and market access functions) as an HEOR subject matter expert. Monitors meetings for issues that should be addressed with the manager, and proactively contributes when appropriate. Must be able to influence cross-functional team activities in a highly matrixed organization
- Builds strategies and tactics to leverage HEOR-led clinical trial endpoint strategies (PRO, economic, treatment satisfaction, etc.) in collaboration with R&D and Med Affairs. Assures alignment of research activities with Scientific Research Annual Plan; communicates any changes from plan in timely manner. Responsible for appropriate utilization of allocated project budgets
- Develops and maintains effective cross-functional working relationships outside of HEOR to assure effective teamwork with assigned teams, as well as close alignment within the HEOR Immunology team
- Develops and maintains relationships with external investigators as a means to improve the quality of their research. Monitors scientific, regulatory and reimbursement/access trends, events and policies for their potential to affect current research responsibilities. Assures compliance of HEOR studies with established research standards and principles
- Master’s degree/fellowship in health economics or related discipline, however PhD or professional training in the health field (eg, PharmD) is preferred; equivalent education may be considered
- 3-5+ years experience with demonstrated high performance in the pharmaceutical industry or other health related consulting company; equivalent experience may be considered
- Firmly grounded in the scientific fundamentals of one or more of the core HEOR specialties (epidemiology, biostatistics, economics, patient reported outcomes, economic modeling, health services research, clinical practice, meta-analyses)
- Capable of performing health economic projects from inception through publication and application with minimal oversight
- Familiarity with the US healthcare system including value drivers for stakeholder groups (patients, providers, payers); experience within the immunology therapeutic area preferred
- Ability to present complex scientific programs and data clearly to cross-functional and external audiences
- Will consider hiring at Associate Director and Director levels
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
This job is posted by Abbvie.
This link brings you to the website of Abbvie.