Denver, CO, US.
The Associate Director, Access & Reimbursement proactively provides education and support to appropriate providers and their offices/staff on access programs for designated therapeutic products in their defined geography / aligned accounts. They serve as the key contact and lead for reimbursement and access support-related matters and are responsible for being the local market access expert on payer, policy and processes and navigating complex systems and/or universities to support patients. Additionally, the AD, Access & Reimbursement will analyze reimbursement and access issues and serve as the local access and reimbursement resource for other field sales force personnel and region management. The AD, Access & Reimbursement will need to coordinate and communicate cross functionally within Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation (NPC) (i.e. Field Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Public Affairs, State & Government Affairs, Trade, Specialty Pharmacy Account Management and applicable third party affiliates).
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• To support patient access to designated therapeutic area products, proactively provide education on programs to providers and staff in order to support integration of those products into office processes and workflows.
• Work with key members of therapeutic area offices (i.e. specialists, billing staff, reimbursement staff) in order to appropriately support patient access to products. Collaborate with field sales and marketing teams appropriately to share insights into customer needs and barriers for designated therapeutic area products access.
• Analyze reimbursement issues & opportunities, anticipating changes in the healthcare landscape, and act as the designated therapeutic area products reimbursement expert for offices and local field teams.
• Interact with large, complex accounts to understand and educate on the account workflow.
• Ability to analyze problems and offer solutions for resolution. Understand specifics and support questions associated with patient reimbursement and coordinate on reimbursement issues with third party payers at the HCP level.
• Provide information about therapeutic area products coverage, coding and payment, as appropriate, both internally and externally.
• Maintain a deep understanding of NPC policies and requirements and perform all responsibilities in a manner consistent with company guidance.
• Handle Patient Identifiable Information (PII) appropriately (understand and ensure compliance with HIPPA and other privacy laws and regulations and internal Company compliance guidelines).
This territory covers Colorado.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. Business and/or biological science education preferred
• 5+ Years of experience as: Access and/or Reimbursement Manager; Sales, Regional or Corporate Account Management in pharmaceutical/biotech industry; Reimbursement and practice management support role and managed markets environment
• Experience working with large health systems and/or demonstrated ability to effectively navigate within a large health system
• Experience with specialty products acquired through Specialty Pharmacy networks
• Knowledge of reimbursement pathways (buy-and-bill a plus)
• Possess a strong understanding of Commercial payers, Medicare plans and state Medicaid in geographic region.
• Experience in patient assistance support, reimbursement support and/or other access programs.
• Strategic account management experience using a proactive approach to anticipate access hurdles impacting accounts and patient access
• Must live within assigned territory
• Strong ability to work cross functionally with such functions as Field Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Public Affairs, State & Government Affairs, Trade, Specialty Pharmacy Account Management and applicable third-party affiliates.
• Strong capabilities in the areas of customer focus, collaboration, business acumen, communication, and experience leading and delivering presentations to C-level account executives.
Colorado Equal Pay Act: Novartis Compensation and Benefit Summary: The midpoint of the salary range for this role is $208,000 per year The base salary offered may vary based on the final candidate’s qualifications. The level of this role will also be determined based on the final candidate’s qualifications. Annual bonus, long term incentive, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays, potential flexible working arrangements (based on role) and employee recognition scheme are some of the benefits you will receive as an employee of Novartis.
766 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. At Novartis, being there when and how it matters most for our patients and customers allows us to live our purpose and help bring maximum impact to health outcomes.
Furthering our commitment to transforming medicine for patients, Novartis is embarking on an ambitious and exciting journey to reinvent how we use technology, data and customer insights to better serve our consumer’s needs and put them on a path to better health. This includes taking bold approaches that begin with a customer-centric mindset and harness the power of today’s digital and data-driven healthcare revolution to continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives.
• Do you want to help people understand their disease and how to seek out the proper treatment for it?
• Do you want to support patients achieve the best possible outcomes?
• Do you want to deliver a leading customer experience at all touchpoints?
• Do you want to be at the forefront of leveraging today’s technology advances to create tomorrow’s healthcare innovations?
We believe the answers are found when curious, adventurous, and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to utilize the power of digital and data to individualize and maximize interactions with customers. Where you’re empowered to not fear failure when taking smart risks. And most importantly, where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what’s possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
While Novartis does not require vaccination at this time, for certain Novartis sites in the US all associates and candidates may be required to either upload an image of their COVID-19 vaccine card demonstrating proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (or other similar evidence of vaccination) or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken by the associate or candidate within the past seven days to enter any of our sites and/or customer office or healthcare facility, as well as prior to participating in other work related off-site meetings. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions.
This job is posted by Novartis.
This link brings you to the website of Novartis.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!