Home-based / Office-based, US.
Recent months has seen a restructuring of Pricing, Market Access & Reimbursement (PMAR) teams providing a new alignment to better service our clients’ needs. To help us achieve this, we are looking for an Account Vice President as a subject matter expert in market access, pricing and reimbursement who provide strategic insights to clients and leads PMAR’s client engagement efforts to generate revenue and margin attainment with new and existing biopharmaceutical accounts.
- Proactively drive sales efforts to achieve targets in new and assigned/existing accounts
- Collaborate with colleagues across the broader ICON organization to make introductions, identify sales leads, and coordinate and share subject matter expertise to ensure excellence in delivery and client satisfaction
- Provide subject-matter expertise to staff or clients directly on industry trends, best practices, strategy, innovative programming, and other relevant strategic topics in market access and reimbursement
- Work collaboratively with the centralized delivery and project management organization to set and manage client expectations and help drive productivity and cost control
- Ensure timely pipeline and revenue tracking and reporting
- Manage pricing/margin of new proposals with the Project Management team
- Maintain a positive, results-oriented and engaging work environment
- Communicate to the client engagement team in an open, balanced and objective manner
To perform the Account Vice President role successfully, you will have a blend of the skills and knowledge listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 10+ years of experience in a market access/pricing/reimbursement/trade/etc. at a biopharmaceutical, consulting or managed care organization that makes the candidate a subject matter expert with the ability to lead strategic thinking in the field of pricing, market access and reimbursement primarily in the US marketplace
- 5 or more years in sales leadership, preferably first line management or above in the related fields of pharma, medical device or medical communications at an account executive or senior account management level
- Demonstrated ability to sell new business and upsell in existing accounts based on personal contacts and introductions by others
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally with critical deliverables and tight timelines
- Track record in delivering strategic and tactical planning initiatives
- Current biopharmaceutical client relationships with multiple manufacturers preferred
- Ability to travel (approximately 60%) domestic
- Likely will hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or an MBA
Flexible Location across USA: Office based or Remote
What an exciting time to join ICONplc! What a 2021 we have had, acknowledged as one of the best CROs globally; acknowledged as Pharma Contract Services Company of the Year; and our reputation as a leading CRO in the vaccines clinical trial space has seen us play a significant role in the current CV19 pandemic.
Why join us?
Ongoing development is vital to us, and as the Account Vice President, you will have the opportunity to progress your career, with the potential to move into other related areas to enhance your skill set. Our benefits package is competitive, our scope is international and we genuinely care about our people and their success.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Apply for this role