Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Job title: WW HEOR Markets Lead, Japan-Korea-Taiwan (JKT) & Intercontinental
Location: Uxbridge, United Kingdom or Shanghai, China
Division: WW HEOR Markets
Direct Manager: WW HEOR Markets Group Director for JKT and Intercontinental
The WWHEOR Markets JKT & China role is being created in order to strengthen our support to these key markets. The role will be initially and primarily focused on Japan and China but is also expected to take on additional regional responsibility (e.g. support for South Korea, Taiwan) as will be determined by evolving business priorities.
The successful candidate will report into the WWHEOR Markets Group Director for JKT and Intercontinental. To ensure success the incumbent is expected to operate within a cross-functional framework and matrix environment ensuring strong alignment and efficient interactions with key markets such as Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and China, HEOR, Corporate Strategy, Medical and WWHEOR.
- Leads WWHEOR Markets programs (resource allocation, research plan, and timelines) in accordance with local Medical, R&D and Commercial/Access plans and priorities
- Collaborate and align with respective WWHEOR therapeutic area leads to ensure integration of local (JKT & China) Medical, R&D and Commercial/Access plans and priorities in indication-specific WWHEOR study programs (incl. resource allocation, research plan, and timelines)
- Proactively cross-functionally works with the key WW functions such as Medical, Commercial to ensure that WWHEOR Markets goals and deliverables are fully integrated in the broader medical and access activities/plans and JKT and China plans are aligned with market access, commercial and medical strategies.
- Provide hands-on support to local HEOR teams as part of the emerging HTA/Reimbursement process in Japan and China
- Provides expert advice to local HEOR teams on HEOR methods, clinical development needs, real world evidence generation, regulatory and access issues
- Identifies important trends and anticipates future changes and their impact on JKT and China access strategies
- Creates new and innovative ways to generate and communicate robust evidence to demonstrate the full value of our products. To be impactful communication of the full value proposition should be tailored to the needs and profile of internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitates and encourages efficient interactions between WWHEOR and local HEOR Teams as well as ensuring timely and effective transfer of knowledge and expertise to JKT and China
Non-Interventional Research Planning, Execution and Dissemination
- Support the strategic planning, the study development and execution of relevant, meaningful, timely and scientifically driven prospective and retrospective non-interventional research (NIR) /real world evidence (RWE) generation across these markets
- In collaboration with WW cross-functional teams and Centre of Observational Research and Data Science (CORDS), provide support to local teams with defining RW research questions and RW studies including assisting with resolution of methodological questions, implementation issues, interpretation of results and external dissemination as needed to ensure high quality and value of the research projects.
- Interacts with Local and Global experts and helps building expert networks to improve local BMS NIR/RWE capabilities in order to help BMS becoming ‘best in class’
Shaping the Internal Environment
- Collaborates with local Medical, Commercial, Market Access and senior management teams in the delivery and communication of HEOR projects, strategy and capability development.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures delivery of HEOR, RWE and Market Access training to local teams
Shaping the External Environment
- Establishes relationships with key opinion leaders, physician groups and professional societies and utilizes those relationships to strengthen local BMS profile.
- Partners with relevant local, regional and WW BMS teams, as well as with external organizations (e.g. PhRMA) to influence and shape the evolution of the HTA environment
- Bring Japan and China HTA payer insight to shape WW strategy and outputs
- Ensures compliance with SOPs, GCP and ICH and with legal and ethical standards
- Tracks changes in local government regulations and HTA requirements and communicates to the Medical Team and Commercial Organization
- Acts as a role model demonstrating ethical and professional behaviour consistently
- Ensures all team member are up-to-date with required training
- Doctoral degree (such as PhD, MD, PharmD) in health science, economics, epidemiology, and/or social science
- Solid experience with both medical/clinical/scientific studies, as well as Health Economics, Health policy, Epidemiology or Outcomes Research
- Good understanding of Asia-Pacific culture, life science business and evolving access environment.
- Proven track record of successfully leading and motivating an HEOR team with direct experience in leading, training and coaching colleagues or subordinates, particularly in a cross-cultural environment
- Track record of strong liaisons with international thought leaders in the area of HEOR
Nice to have:
- Prior management experience with evidence of successful planning and achievement of medical and business strategies
- General experience and understanding of Market Access challenges worldwide
- Experience/accomplishments should include leading publications, contributions to clinical development and contributions to regulatory submissions
- Involvement in worldwide HEOR projects
This job is posted by Bristol-Myers Squibb.
This link brings you the website of Bristol-Myers Squibb.