Senior Manager, Economic Modelling Center of Excellence – Oncology – Uxbridge, UK or Rotkreuz, Switzerland.
Amgen Global Health Economic Modelling Center of Excellence (COE) is looking for an experienced Senior Manager to lead development and execution of economic modelling activities for selected products and pipeline assets in oncology. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to further develop as a subject matter expert within economic modelling and is keen on collaborating and contributing to Amgen’s future business success.
The Global Economic Modelling COE:
The Economic Modelling COE is based in Rotkreuz (Switzerland), Uxbridge (UK), and Thousand Oaks (CA, USA). We work in international, cross-functional teams developing and supporting product value strategy focusing on evidence-based economic modelling. The remit of the Economic Modelling COE comprises a wide range of activities. We develop early economic models to provide strategic input for clinical development and trial design, to inform pricing and health technology assessment (HTA) strategy, and to identify data gaps that inform evidence generation priorities. We support global product launches developing core global economic models, contributing to global value dossiers and providing global support for country economic model adaptations for HTA submissions and developing tools for field-based key account value communication.
- Lead early economic model development for selected pipeline assets
- Lead core cost-effectiveness and budget impact model development and updates for selected launch and mature products
- Lead development and updates of economic sections of global value dossiers
- Support high-quality and timely delivery of country economic model adaptations aligned with strategy addressing local requirements for HTA dossier submissions
- Effectively communicate with HTA and reimbursement authorities
- Provide input to design and interpretation of global/local evidence generation activities/studies
- Manage a team of junior economic modellers
Qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Health Economics or in a quantitative field such as statistics, epidemiology or engineering with a minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience; or PhD qualification with a minimum of 2 years work experience
- Broad and proven experience in life sciences or pharmaceutical industry, academia, health economics consultancy, or reimbursement agencies
- Strong experience in development of core and local adaptation of cost-effectiveness and budget impact models
- Strong statistical skills, particularly in survival analysis
- Strong Excel programming and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Previous line management experience preferred
- Experience using Visual Basic, R, TreeAge Pro, SAS, STATA, WinBUGS and other software for statistical analyses
- Previous experience in economic modeling in oncology
Uxbridge, UK or Rotkreuz, Switzerland
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including bonus scheme
Amgen is one of the world’s largest independent biotechnology companies, with global revenue in excess of $20 billion and over 20,000 employees globally. For 40 years, Amgen has pioneered biotechnology breakthroughs, to bring state-of-the-art medicines from laboratory to the patient. Amgen has not only discovered and developed innovative human therapeutics, but has invested in cutting edge manufacturing capability and support services to deliver these exciting therapies to medical teams around the world. We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients – we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment. Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us if you are seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you will find it at Amgen.
If you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
This job is posted by Amgen.
This link brings you to the website of Amgen.