Purpose of the role: there are multiple aspects to the role
- Support a range of projects advising clients on market access and HTA strategy across international markets, with a particular focus on European markets but with emerging focus on Japan and China
- Provide leadership within PHMR on developing strategic market access insights across our range of projects to ensure that our deliverables meet client needs
- Conduct health economics, outcomes research and market access research to support the implementation of HTA and market access strategy
- Interact with clients to manage and advance projects
We also expect that the successful candidate will work with the senior team to help develop the skills and experience of the broader PHMR team in relation to HTA and market access strategy and formal requirements across Europe.
Requirements / performance dimensions:
Functional technical expertise
- Higher degree (PhD or MSc) in health economics, public health or related discipline
- Good knowledge of health economic methodologies (e.g. economic modelling, analysis of real-world economic evidence, utility measurement, costing studies)
- An understanding of HTA methodologies and processes across multiple European markets (or Japan)
- An understanding of the global payer environment including coverage, reimbursement and pricing
- At least six (6) years experience working to deliver strategic market access or health economics projects across European markets, with an emphasis on project delivery as well as project leadership
- A good network of external HTA and health economics experts
- Project management skills
- Ability to clearly communicate technical issues
- Excellent quantitative skills, including econometrics
- Good knowledge of statistical software packages (e.g. STATA, R)
- Fluency in English
- Excellent MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel skills
Location: Primrose Hill, London, UK
Type: Permanent, office-based
Alignment to PHMR values
- Flexibility and individual support for more balanced and enjoyable life;
- Fantastic opportunities for professional development, working along industry experts;
- Tight-knit, collegiate office environment and of course, snacks.
Established in 2007, we are a rapidly growing and energetic consultancy – a diverse group of professional scientists, health economists and industry specialists with a proven track record in providing global market access solutions to some of the biggest healthcare industries so that patients get access to medicines. Patients get access to medicines as a result of our work. Our science is internationally renowned, and we are proud of our work.
▪ We apply robust scientific approaches and methodologies. Quality science comes first.
▪ We combine the expertise of our team together with a worldwide professional network.
▪ We continuously learn and improve.
▪ 90% of our projects are repeat or referral from our existing customers.
▪ The majority of our team are educated to PhD level.
▪ We embrace diversity in all its forms.
We also love being part of an engaging, supportive team that combines having fun with striving for high quality science. Our leadership team is always approachable, and we find it easy to work with each other. The variety of our work is both challenging and exciting and helps us achieve our research and career ambitions. PHMR provides flexibility and individual support in order to help make our lives more balanced and enjoyable. We love being part of PHMR.
To apply for this position please submit your CV and covering letter explaining why you think you would be suited to the role and reasons for wishing to join our team to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to discuss the position ahead of submitting an application, please email email@example.com and we will arrange an informal chat with Michael Lees (COO and Head of Market Access Strategy).
All candidates are eligible to apply for our roles and will be considered on suitability and merit throughout the recruitment process. However, at the time of starting their employment the successful candidate must have permission to work in the United Kingdom.
This job is posted by PHMR.
This link brings you to the website of PHMR.