London / Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK; Westport, Ireland.
We are looking for a talented scientist with expertise in designing and executing real world evidence generation strategies to support our clients’ HEOR, pricing and market access needs. The successful candidate will join our growing team and will play a key role in the acquisition, planning and management of PHMR research projects across a wide range of methodological and therapeutic areas, including oncology, infectious disease, cardiovascular disease, diagnostics, and neurological disorders. The Senior HE-RWE scientist position offers the opportunity to guide the development of evidence generation strategies that improve patient access to emerging medical technologies.
▪ Lead the development of research questions, study protocols and statistical analysis plans for health economic and real-world evidence generation activities
▪ Lead and/or coordinate the management and analysis of real-world datasets to derive clinically and economically meaningful outputs
▪ Lead and contribute to the development of novel approaches to generate evidence to overcome current challenges in health technology assessment and market access
▪ Lead proactive business development activities including proposal development and client relationship building
▪ Independently manage assigned projects developing project outlines, scheduling interim deliverables and meeting final delivery dates
▪ Develop and prepare abstracts, manuscripts and/or presentations to conferences for internal and external projects
▪ Contribute to improving operational efficiencies of workflows, including writing of SOPs and quality management documents
▪ Lead or contribute to the writing of study reports and manuscripts
▪ Manage and mentor junior staff in developing their methodological expertise
Requirements / performance dimensions:
Functional technical expertise Essential
▪ MPH, MSc or PhD (or an equivalent degree) in epidemiology, economics, statistics or a related discipline
▪ 5+ years post graduate experience in HEOR, market access or other aspects of drug development
▪ 2+ years post graduate experience designing and executing real world evidence generation activities
to support HEOR, market access or other aspects of drug development
▪ Statistical programming experience in SAS, Stata, or R
▪ Experience working with large electronic health record datasets (e.g. CPRD, THIN, HES, etc.)
▪ Ability to effectively manage and juggle between multiple tasks and projects
▪ Ability to meet short deadlines with high quality results
▪ Project budgeting skills
▪ Effective team management experience
▪ Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
▪ Ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-experts
▪ Excellent command of English, oral and written
▪ Knowledge of basic principles of economics, HEOR and market access in key world markets
▪ Experience in planning and executing indirect treatment comparisons
▪ Experience planning and carrying out systematic reviews
▪ Publications in peer-reviewed journals and abstracts in scientific conferences
▪ Familiarity with economic modelling methodology
Type: Permanent, primarily office-based but a home-based option will be considered for a suitable candidate
Salary: On application, and commensurate with experience
Alignment to PHMR values
- Flexibility and individual support for more balanced and enjoyable life;
- Fantastic opportunities for professional development, working along industry experts;
- Tight-knit, collegiate office environment and of course, snacks.
Established in 2007, we are a highly successful and energetic consultancy – a diverse group of well-recognised professional scientists, health economists, and industry specialists with a proven track record in providing global market access solutions to some of the biggest healthcare industries so that patients get access to medicines. Our science is internationally renowned, and we are proud of our work.
▪ We apply robust scientific approaches and methodologies. Quality science comes first.
▪ We combine the expertise of our team together with a worldwide professional network.
▪ We continuously learn and improve.
▪ 90% of our projects are repeat or referral from our existing customers.
▪ The majority of our team are educated to PhD level.
▪ We embrace diversity in all its forms
Our culture is open, team-based and inclusive. We are creative, innovative, forward-thinking and truly operate as a team of people who enjoy spending time together. Our leadership team is always approachable and offers coaching and training opportunities to the less experienced staff. PHMR also values and recognises work life balance, thus provides flexibility and individual support to all its team members. We love being part of PHMR and perceive our culture to be vital to our success.
Candidates wishing to discuss the position, please call +44 (0) 203 695 5807 for an informal chat with Dr Cormac Sammon (Chief Medical Officer/Senior Epidemiologist). No agencies please.
All candidates are eligible to apply for our roles and will be considered on suitability and merit throughout the recruitment process.
Apply for this role