Purpose of the role: to lead a range of health economics and outcomes research projects, including health valuation and utility measurement, elicitation and analysis of patient/public preferences, analysis of outcomes data, development of patient-reported outcome measures, and psychometric testing.
Requirements / performance dimensions:
Functional technical expertise
- Higher degree (PhD or MSc) in health economics or related discipline, or psychometrics
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a cross-functional team
- Strong knowledge of health economics and methodologies for the analysis of patient-reported outcomes (e.g. utility measurement, analysis and development of patient reported outcome measures, preference elicitation)
- Experience of designing and implementing health economics and/or PRO studies
- Good knowledge of HTA methods and processes
- A strong understanding of the global payer environment, including coverage, reimbursement and pricing
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Experience of successful proposal development
- Able to clearly communicate complex technical issues
- Excellent quantitative skills, including econometrics or psychometrics
- Good knowledge of statistical software packages (e.g. STATA, R)
- Fluency in English
- Excellent MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel skills
Alignment to PHMR values
- Flexibility and individual support for more balanced and enjoyable life;
- Fantastic opportunities for professional development, working along industry experts;
- Tight-knit, collegiate office environment and of course, snacks.
Location: Primrose Hill, London, UK
Type: Permanent, primarily office-based but a home-based option will be considered for a suitable candidate Salary: On application; competitive and commensurate with experience
Established in 2007, we are a highly successful and energetic consultancy – a diverse group of well-recognised professional scientists, health economists, and industry specialists with a proven track record in providing global market access solutions to some of the biggest healthcare industries so that patients get access to medicines. Our science is internationally renowned, and we are proud of our work.
▪ We apply robust scientific approaches and methodologies. Quality science comes first.
▪ We combine the expertise of our team together with a worldwide professional network.
▪ We continuously learn and improve.
▪ 90% of our projects are repeat or referral from our existing customers.
▪ The majority of our team are educated to PhD level.
▪ We embrace diversity in all its forms.
Our culture is open, team-based and inclusive. We are creative, innovative, forward-thinking and truly operate as a team of people who enjoy spending time together. Our leadership team is always approachable and offers coaching and training opportunities to the less experienced staff. PHMR also values and recognises work life balance, thus provides flexibility and individual support to all its team members. We love being part of PHMR and perceive our culture to be vital to our success.
Candidates wishing to discuss the position, please call 0044 (0) 203 342 7450 to request an informal chat with Dr Louise Longworth, our Chief Scientific Officer, or Dr Koonal Shah, Director of Health Economics. No agencies please.
All candidates are eligible to apply for our roles and will be considered on suitability and merit throughout the recruitment process.
Apply for this role