Home-based / South East, UK.
As the Senior Consultant, you will join, lead and build an innovative and enthusiastic team of health economists and modellers responsible for developing game-changing new digital products and market access consultancy services.
The culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial but also relaxed with an emphasis on quality work and good work-life balance to ensure you are on top form to deliver.
Following investment from a group of highly experienced healthcare and technology investors, our client is now embarking on an exciting new period of ambitious growth and is seeking its leaders to join and shape the journey.
As the Senior Consultant for Health Economics and Modelling, you will play a pivotal role in the growth of the both Health Economics and Modelling team and as well as the business by contributing new ideas and providing support to the management team as well as leading key projects, business development opportunities.
You will be responsible for the development of health economic models, such as cost-effectiveness and budget impact models. Alongside colleagues, you will also contribute technical expertise to a range of UK, European and Global HTA submissions. As an experienced project lead and health economic modeller, you will lead client relationships and project teams, ensuring client satisfaction of all deliverables including our core market access projects and new technologies.
As a people leader, you will be responsible for the direct line management of a growing team (currently x3 FTEs) inspiring and driving the effective performance and development of your consulting team.
Projects will vary from developing budget/service/cost-effectiveness models, HTA preparation, Real World Data generation and Pathway Analysis to AI and Health Innovation for the development of exciting new digital products launching over the next 12-24 months.
Job Role & Responsibilities
- Strategic quantitative insight into the creation of value communication messages and materials
- Design and create/oversee budget/service impact models and other interactive models
- Lead and develop discrete event simulation models to inform national NHS budget planning for new treatments
- Work closely with digital programmers and coders to create digital versions of developed models
- Work in collaboration with the Data Science & Digital team to develop new and innovative ways of delivering existing models and/or providing new solutions to client challenges
- Lead and develop a team of Researchers, Associates and Consultants to ensure timely delivery of projects to a high standard, managing client communications, and ensuring projects are delivered on budget
- Design and deliver training and roll-out workshops for client teams
- Developing model specifications, developing economic models, model validation, the adaption of core models for UK/EU HTA, review and critique of models developed by other agencies
- Drafting technical reports and the economic sections of HTA submissions
- Preparing and delivering presentations for clients on model methods, project progress, and results, contributing to pitch presentations.
The Successful Candidate will…
- be passionate about health economics and experienced in utilising a range of techniques and models to create compelling and interactive value communications tools
- have a keen interest in data science and the application of digitally disruptive technologies to help enable patient access to therapies, optimise and transform treatment pathways and services
- have strong experience in developing budget impact models and service impact models to support local implementation and uptake
- have excellent analytical and research skills enjoy a creative approach to problem-solving to develop new solutions, have meticulous attention to detail might have some experience working in modelling/simulation software and any programming (not essential but would be a huge plus!)
- want to manage, inspire and develop a team of curious and ambitious health economists, researchers and consultants (previous line management experience is not essential)
- might have some previous experience or insight in biotech/ pharmaceutical marketing
- thrive working in high visibility autonomous and accountable position of authority
- enjoy presenting to senior leaders and customers
- be highly motivated and drive-by individual and team success
Salary c75k plus bonus and package (scope for flexibility depending on experience)
Office in South East UK – Fully flexible working policy
The term ‘career defining’ is frequently used without any substance to back it up. If, however, you are looking to take the next step in your consulting career and are seeking the chance to stretch yourself look no further.
Industry-leading and award-winning market access consultancy and digital solutions provider are transforming how pharma and biotech companies work, compete in the market and engage with their customers. For the last 10 years, our client has championed innovation, disrupted the status quo, and pushed the boundaries.