Home-based, UK / Poland / Italy / Spain.
We are currently seeking a Senior Health Economist/Consultant to join our Global Health Economics Outcomes Reimbursement (GHEOR) practice. The team is highly respected in the field of health technology assessment (HTA) and health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) for both the quality of our work and methodological innovations. Our research is frequently used to support decision-making at Health Technology Assessment agencies, as well as methological advances in the field.
As the Senior Health Economist you will be required to contribute to all aspects of the group’s work and support the Global HTA-HERO practice. In addition, the candidate recruited for this role will be expected to utilise their skills in evidence synthesis, decision modelling and/or related statistical analysis to contribute to all aspects of the department’s work as well as supporting the development of the HEOR team globally. We are dedicated to furthering our research and development in the field and, as such, promote publication of work undertaken. The candidate recruited for the role will be actively encouraged to publish work they contribute to.
Overview of the role
- Manage all aspects of large work streams, within the disciplines of evidence synthesis, indirect treatment comparisons, statistical analysis of clinical trial and real world data and/or health economic modelling projects and ensure the quality of all deliverables meets client requirements
- Identify and manage training and development needs in junior team members and provide on the job training and support as required
- Establish and maintain client relationships and lead proposal development for HEOR related projects
- Provide strategic contribution to business development processes
- Manage the development and preparation of peer-reviewed publications arising from all HEOR projects
- Liaise with senior management across the global HEOR group to identify developmental needs in junior modellers and to provide training when possible
- Demonstrate and actively promote an open and honest working environment to encourage
- Travel (approximately 15%) domestic or international
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in Statistics or a related quantitative discipline, such as operational research, health economic, or epidemiology.
- Experience of health economics
- Experience in analysing individual patient level data for use in economic models, analyses of RWD and survival analysis
- Experience in evidence synthesis, including indirect treatment comparison/NMA techniques- is desirable
- Expert in one or more of the following statistical packages (R, STATA, SAS, WinBUGs).
- Significant experience within a consulting, academic or pharmaceutical/ devices industry environment
- Proven project management experience, in particular the ability to lead a team of junior analysts
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- High self-motivation
- Leadership potential
Benefits of Working at ICON
We are committed to supporting the growth and development of the GHEOR team. As such, you will receive training (including on the job training) from our senior team and be offered opportunities to attend and present at major international conferences.
ICON is a fast-growing global provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries, known for its innovative approach. ICON’s commercialization and outcomes capabilities coupled with our strategic consultancy services has built the industry’s most integrated product development & clinical communications. This means more growth and career opportunities for our current and future employees.
Apply for this role