Slough, UK / Monheim, Germany.
To strengthen our Real World Evidence department, based in either Brussels, Belgium, Slough, UK, Monheim, Germany or Raleigh or Atlanta, US we are looking for talented individuals to fill the position(s) of: RWE Expert
You like to work in an environment where you can:
- Design and execute global real-world evidence (RWE) projects to:
- inform strategic internal decision-making thereby empowering differentiating R&D activities within UCB.
- support external decision making by key stakeholder groups such as patients, regulators, policy makers, payers, and prescribers.
- contribute to the wider epidemiological and medical understanding of specific diseases.
You will contribute by:
- Providing input to Global RWE Strategy & Tactical Plan based on request from the RWE Strategy Lead responsible for the respective patient population.
- Leading RWE study design, planning and execution, including protocol development and analysis specification following best methodological standards.
- Collaborating with RWE contractors and external vendors on RWE projects and providing RWE Analysts with clarifications concerning protocol implementation.
- Driving interpretation of analysis in collaboration with RWE Strategy Lead & internal stakeholders, and communicating analysis interpretation internally and externally.
- Providing strategic input to internal stakeholders based on RWE activities and robust epidemiological and medical understanding of the patient population in focus.
- Representing RWE on functional teams within the Mission(s) (e.g., Medical Team, Patient Safety, Regulatory, Market Access, Commercial/Marketing, Core Launch Teams, etc.).
- Supporting RWE Strategy Lead to ensure alignment of RWE tactics with the Strategic Publication Plan.
- Driving innovative study designs, including new data sources and advanced analytics (incl. digital pharmacoepidemiology).
Interested? For this position you’ll need the following education, experience and skills:
- You hold a Masters degree (ideally a PhD) in Epidemiology, Outcomes Research or other relevant scientific discipline, and have a track record of publications in high-caliber peer-reviewed journals.
- Experience in having successfully delivered global and/or local RWE projects from conceptualisation to publication within the pharmaceutical industry (or with a recognised expert consultancy or academic centre of excellence), using primary as well as secondary data, such as large healthcare databases.
- Hands-on experience in working across internal stakeholder functions (e.g., medical affairs, market access, clinical development, etc.) to develop the optimal RWE strategy and tactical plan to support an asset within a specific disease area or focus.
- Combination of strong methodological quantitative knowledge, strategic, innovative thinking, and communication skills.
- Background knowledge of industry trends and best practices, specifically related to epidemiology/outcomes research.
- Good knowledge and understanding of applicable regulations in pharmacoepidemiology, pharmacovigilance and clinical development.
- Expertise in the EU5 and/or US healthcare environment (and changes therein) .
- Proven ability to write/edit scientific communications (abstracts, poster presentations, podium presentations, manuscripts, etc.)
- Able to deliver impactful presentations to senior management or industry audiences with a relaxed and proficient presentation style.
- Passion for developing and maintaining strong collaborative relationships with key partners and stakeholders based on in-depth understanding of stakeholder needs and strategic focus.
- Ability to proactively use his/her relationships with internal and external stakeholder groups to provide strategic input through synthesized thinking, building advocacy and empowering implementation of the solutions in support of creating patient value and UCB portfolio performance.
Why you should apply
At UCB, we strive to attract passionate and outstanding talents who thrive on change and are ready to bring real value to patients. Working for us you’ll discover a place where you can grow and express your full potential. We place an emphasis on innovation, collaboration and impact. Through meaningful recognition and a motivating work atmosphere, we aim to provide an optimal experience by caring about and valuing our employees – just as we do for the patients we serve.
If you believe you are the perfect match to join us on our pioneering adventure, then we invite you to apply and tell us more about your profile and motivation.
UCB- Inspired by Patients. Driven by Science. Everything we do starts with a simple question: “How will this create value for people living with severe diseases?” By putting patients at the heart of what we do, our approach – from discovery to development to delivery – is continuously transformed and designed around patient needs and their journey.
With a team of approximately 7,500 employees and operations in more than 40 countries, we are a global biopharmaceutical company investing more than a quarter of our revenue in cutting-edge scientific research. We are focused on addressing chronic, neurological, immunological, and bone diseases.
Help us transform patients’ lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul, and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
UCB and its subsidiaries encourage diversity and inclusion in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job is posted by UCB.
This link brings you to the website of UCB.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!